Ch. 84 Is that EviL tOaD ON A DATE!?

"Damn...," Akari muttered as she flipped through another page in her book as she walked. She was reading one on medical ninjutsu at the moment because according to Sakura-san she can't advance her training until she gets the boring reading material out of the way.

The Pink Goddess also agreed to spare time to create her 'healing seals', even though she knew that Sakura-san highly doubted that those were going to work.

But that was fine.

People highly doubted her 'fire style: big balls jutsu' too! 

And look how that turned out!

She smiled, nodding to herself proudly as she passed by the Ichiraku ramen shop and saw... two very familiar figures with their backs turned towards her eating ramen over there.

She immediately dashed inside the shop and gawked at the two.

"Holy shit! Evil toad! Sara!" she pointed at the two accusingly. "Are you on a date!?"

Sara squealed and covered her face with one hand as she smacked Akari on the head with the other hand, blushing all the time. "Shut up Akari!" she squealed.

It kind of felt weird. Didn't he find Sara as annoying as he found her, even though for different reasons? Was that how romance worked? Keep annoying a guy until he falls for you? Holy shit!

She saw the evil toad give her an annoyed look, before slamming a few coins on the table. "I'll be off," he muttered, nodding at Sara. 

"Huh? But it hasn't even been an hour yet-"

"Training," he cut her off. "And I can't tolerate her," he pointed at Akari.

"Are you two like... a thing now?" Akari questioned, and even though she was directing her question at Sara, not expecting any answers from Akio, she somehow caught his eye.

She saw Akio stare at her for a few seconds, without the usual scowl she was so used to being directed her way.

Akari didn't avert her eyes, but for some reason, she felt nervous the longer she looked at him.

Which was so weird! Because she never felt nervous when he glared at her or scowled at her or threw insults at her or even angrily challenged her to a spar. But right now there was something about the way he was looking at her which made her feel that he was... observing her. 

And people who were good at observing always unnerved her.

 "No... I mean I think? I wish.. I hope!" Sara blabbered on in the background.

The 'evil toad' in front of her finally broke their eye contact and looked at Sara. "Ah...I told you before, Sara, I'm not really looking to date anyone."

"Right..."

"Boohoo... Rejected...."

THONK

"What is your problem!?" Akari asked annoyed as she rubbed the back of her head again.

"Stop popping up and ruining my chances with Akio-kun!" Sara screeched. 

"How did I ruin anything! He already hates you!"

"He hates you, not me!"

"I don't remember being the one he abandoned at the chunin exams!"

"I-... Well-"

"Enough!" Akio snapped and before Akari could completely turn back she felt herself hauled up by her collar and came face to face with him. "Uchiha, don't ever bring that up again."