Elsie was about to wave her hand towards the duo but Royse immediately captures her attention.

"That reminds me. Are the both of you free? I was wondering if you two would like to join me in town."

Royse spoke whatever topic came to his mind all for the sake of not having to interact with Catherine and Rohesia.

Correction, not having Amelie and Catherine interact.

Elsie smiled widely at the invite. "I managed to keep my schedule free, unlike the last time! I'd love to join you in town!" She beams.

Amelie was silent but of course, she noticed her cousin making her way towards them.

The younger blond stilled. To others, it may seem like Amelie's usual expression, but for Royse, he knew she was in discomfort upon seeing Catherine.

Royse gulped as he watches the two stop in front of them. They both greeted the three with a smile.

"Ah, Rosey's friends! How're you guys doing?" Rohesia asks.

Elsie returned the cheerful greeting. "We're doing great Rohesia-senpai! I heard that you took the knights exam."

The older redhead nods. "Yes. Amy-san and Milivoj also took it with me."

Elsie was awe'd in admiration. She nervously chuckled as she scratches her cheek. "Hopefully the mage exam won't be too difficult..."

Rohesia pumped one of her fists. "Elsie has been training and after watching her train, I know you'll ace the exam!"

Flowers blossomed around the two, emitting a fluffy atmosphere.

Royse, already used at the sight, heaved out a sigh. Catherine on the other hand chuckled at the pair.

She notices Amelie being silent and sadly smiled.

"How are you, dear cousin?" She asks, starting a conversation.

Amelie looks at Catherine but couldn't maintain a longer eye contact. "I'm doing fine. Thank you for asking..." That was all her reply.

Catherine looks at Amelie in understanding before looking away.

"That's, relieving to know..."

Royse felt his sweatdrop at the awkward atmosphere.

Escaping from their own world, Elsie finally noticed the older blond. She hesitated whether to ask regarding their earlier topic.

Royse noticing Elsie immediately felt dread.

The redhead opened his mouth to divert the attention to him but Catherine seemed to know what he was gonna do and turned her head towards him.

'It's fine.' Catherine mouthed before turning towards the brunette.

"Is it alright to ask something Catherine-sama?" Elsie asked.

"Please, don't hesitate."

The brunette mustered her courage. "Are you feeling well? I heard that you were quite sick..." She asks as she fiddled with her fingers nervously.

Catherine chuckled. "Yes, indeed I was. Thankfully, with the help of kind people, I was able to heal."

Royse glanced at Amelie and noticed her concerned gaze towards her cousin.

The redhead silently hummed.

This was the first for Amelie to react towards Catherine in a familial way. It seems what Royse assumed about Amelie was true after all.