Chap. 27 To my short friend

Arthur POV

The man came out from the room and you immediately walked up to him.

"How is he? Is he gonna be fine?" You asked him hoping he would give you some good news.

"He's gonna be fine, don't worry. He just needs some rest for a couple of hours and then he can be discharged from the hospital." The doctor told you. Your heart was now at peace.

"Can I see him?"

He allowed you to go and see him and you thanked him before making your way into the room.

You walked in and closed the door behind you. He was laying on the bed looking the opposite way.

"Lucas?" He didn't respond so you went and stood beside his bed. Your hand reached out to his hair and patted him as you called him again. "Lu...?" You said in a low voice.

This time he turned his head to you and looked right into your eyes. You gave him a smile before speaking.

"How are you feeling? Does it hurt?" He shook his head. "The doctor said you could be discharged after a few hours of rest."

"I'm sorry Y/n." A single tear ran down from his eyes.

"Don't think about it. It wasn't your fault." You said to him whipping away his tear. You tried so hard not to break down in front of him. He needed someone to be by his side. Someone he could lean on, you thought. So you stayed strong for him.

"I'm gonna wait outside so you can rest for a couple of hours." Just when you were about to turn he stopped you, grabbing your hand.

"Y/n... can you stay with me for those couple of hours?"

"Sure"

He moved a bit so you got on bed and held him. "Thank you" he said while letting out a sob. A couple of minutes later his sobs had stopped and he was asleep.

You looked down at the boy who had his head on your shoulder and arms around you. Your hand stopped caressing his head when you noticed he was asleep. You eyes couldn't stay open for any longer. For more than 24h you had stayed awake so you decided to close your eyes just for a little while.

*******

Lucas POV

I woke up only to find Y/n still sleeping. I looked up at her sleeping face. She was cute. I sat carefully trying not to wake her up and held her on my chest.

"I'm sorry Siko for not recognize you all this time. I should have searched for the truth a long time ago. Then maybe non of this would have happened. And I would have met mom and dad. But now you're the only person I've got, so please don't leave me, Siko."

"I won't leave you."

"Y-you're awake?" She woke up and looked at me and then around the room with her sleepy eyes.

"What time is it?" She asked as she got up from the bed.

"It's 6pm."

"Are you ready to leave or do you need some more rest?" I told her I was ready to leave and later on I got discharged from the hospital.

When we got to the house I changed to my pajamas and just sat on the couch. I was so deep in my thought that I didn't notice Y/n calling me.

"Lucas?" I looked up at her. "I just wanted to tell you that they are having the funeral in two days from now."

"Okay thanks."

"I'll be in the room if you need anything. Good night." She said and started to walk away.