Extra 10

I laid on our bed; the warmth of the sheets and blankets bringing a comfort to me that couldn't be torn away by anything. The arms wrapped around me helped too of course, but not so much when I realized they were shaking.

It's one of those nights.

Sighing, I roll over to see Williams face in a firm scowl; a cold sweat dripping down his face. He trembled, and I could probably imagine it was a nightmare.

"Will." I whisper softly, trying to wake him up calmly so he would get startled; it didn't work, so I shoved him a bit.

"William."

It didn't work again, and I sighed. This man was a heavy sleeper, especially when in nightmares. Which was usually very useful; but when he was trembling and shaking of terror it wasn't particularly ideal.

"William!" I shouted, hitting him slightly on the shoulder, waking him up with a puff; his breathing heavy and intense. I could practically hear his heart hammering in his chest, thumping like a drumstick to the drum.

His breaths came out in short, shallow huffs, and I rubbed his back in an attempt to calm him down a bit. Soon, he wiped some sweat from his brow and sighed.

"What was that?" I asked finally, when he had calmed down. I knew Will had nightmares even before we came here, replaying his children's deaths, but now it was even more prominent than before. I would assume it's probably the mixing of this William and my Williams past, considering they both had awful ones. And I knew all of it too, since I had to choose a reality that would fit. I looked at it. There wasn't one that had a perfect past that fit the rest of the requirements, so this was the best I could get. It was close to his trauma back home though, so I thought he might be able to cope with it better than some new trauma added on?

"Nightmare." He huffed, laying back down. I did too, and he turned to look at me.

"This William didn't exactly have a peachy past either did he?"

I sigh.

"No, he was bullied and abused." I state as calmly as I could manage, running my hands through his chocolate locks lazily in an act to reassure him. His breathing was still a little quick and shallow, but way better than it was before. His sweat also had calmed down, despite his clothes sticking to his skin a bit.

"You couldn't have picked a reality we're he didn't?" He scoffed, but I knew he wasn't angry with me, more just... confused.

"I couldn't."

He huffed, but he didn't push the topic further, instead he scooped me into his arms and hurried his head in the crook of my neck, causing butterflies to flutter from his touch.

"So... what was it about? Unless you don't want me to-"

"First one was about Lizzy, which I dealt with just fine... but then I had one about...it was just a lot of screaming and yelling and... glasses breaking..."

I sigh, wrapping my arm around his neck and pulling him slightly closer. Not enough to suffocate him in my neck, but enough to make him feel a sense of relief.

"I have nightmares about it too..."

"Y/N, it's even worse when I consider i did that to my own children... how could I-"

He seemed to choke in his words a little bit, and I rub soothing circles onto his back. This man still had so many problems, he needs therapy honestly.

"They are all at peace now."

He didn't seem satisfied with the response, in fact, he just gripped my band t that I wore as pajamas tight, a guilty expression filling his face.

"But they all... Michael especially, I did exactly what my damned father did!"

I shook my head; recalling his past story. He had absent parents, ones that weren't very involved, but when they were it wasn't happy memories. His father was always a drunk, and his mother was just... his mother.

"Michael lived, William. That's more than you could have asked for."

He sighs, the vapor of his breath clinging to my neck and driving me insane. All I wanted to do was pull him closer, but if I did he'd suffocate.

"It's not enough."

I sigh.

"Dying is easy, living is harder."

I let out a shaky breath, I knew that all too well. We both have had shitty roads in terms of our mental health; I can't blame him for thinking that. I think it too, all the time, but Will has given me peace of mind. I'm satisfied with my life now, even if I'm permanently scarred, both literally and metaphorically.

"I'll give you something to live for then."

He took his head from my neck and gave me a look. One that showed I couldn't, one that challenged me to. He practically was calling me an idiot, and I simply would not have that.

"I will... you are mine now William, Living will be easy soon."

I grip his shirt tight, a determined expression on my face. I wasn't going to let this new life go to waste for him, I had to murder someone afterall.

"I'm not letting this new life go to waste."

He smiles

"As much trauma as I have with it, a new family would be nice."

And he brought his lips to mine; the kiss sweet and soft, showing our love for eachother. As much as I loved the hungry kisses we have, I much prefer the sweet ones; the ones that showed we didn't just love each others bodies, but that we absolutely adored every fragment of eachother. Personality, downsides and weird quirks, bodies, trauma... the whole package. We loved it all, even if it wasn't necessarily good.

"A kid or two couldn't hurt." I chuckle, and he does too.

I nuzzle my nose with his for a moment, letting them touch together and rubbing them how a bunny would.

"But we have to get married first."