25

Had writers block the first half of this chapter so sorry if it's dry

everything is black...

It shouldn't be...?

right?

I should be in the proper timeline.

Well, I had to disappear.

Maybe that's why-

"M-miss?" I hear a child's voice ring throughout the air, causing shivers to run up and down my spine.

"yes?" I answer; hoping the kid would come out.

A small child with a black and white striped shirt walked into my vision. His brown hair was a tangled wet mess, his eyes white with tears cascading down his cheeks. What caught me off guard however; was the fact that he was transparent, a blue tint about him.

He looks like the kids spirits...

wait...

"...What's your name?" I ask, raising a brow

"Chris..."

I see him nervously look to the ground; his face contorting in a slightly off putting expression.

"What happened to you Chris?" I ask in a motherly tone, causing him to sniff

"Mama took me to my birthday party... daddy took Michael and Lizzy there. Michaels friends didn't like me, they think I'm too whiny. So they thought it would be funny to put me in Freddies mouth..."

I bring my hand up to my mouth to try and stifle my gasp, but you could still hear it anyways. Chris didn't seemed phased however; his face remained sad and confused. Almost as if he was taken too soon and didn't reslly remember how he died.

"So, Miss, how'd you die?" He asks, staring at me with his glossy eyes. I freeze.

Die?

"Im sorry... die?" I shake my head, confused.

"Everyone heres dead." He said in-matter-of-factly, walking over to a nearby bench and hopping up into it with no care in the world.

"No no no, I came here to reset the timeline. I was told the ball pit was ready."

Chris gave me a look.

One that screamed "are you stupid"

"Did Charlie put you up to this?" Chris asked, kicking his legs.

"Yes...?"

"She doesn't like the original timeline. She wants everyone to be happier."

Why...

Why did she send me here then? That was the purpose? What did she get out of it, I mean yeah the new timelines a thing but... not everyone is happy in it.

So... what's her motive? What's she planning?

"Do you know the way out?" I ask Chris, watching him giggle

"There is no way out. If you leave the spirit realm you'll be trapped in your spirit form. You'll slowly fade away too. Spiritual energies cannot stay in the physical world too long; they are energy, not atoms."

"At least that's what Cassidy said." Chris giggled, causing me to roll my eyes. For being labeled the crying child, he sure as hell had a bratty laugh behind his sobbing exterior.

"So I can leave, but only spiritually? What happened to my body?"

"Don't know." He responded, his eyes wandering around the room. He seemed unfocused; in a daze. It was really odd honestly; to watch a child be trapped inside his head, blocking everything else out because if he didn't, he'd realize he was dead.