Extra 3

William and I cross the street, cupcakes in my hands and a bag of necessities in his. He held a firm scowl on his face as he pouts, and I only laugh to myself.

"What's so funny darling?"

"Nothing handsome, keep walking."

He scowls harder, but he fixes his eyesight on the pastel blue house we where going to, examining the cars that lined the street and the smoke in the backyard, no-doubt coming from a fire.

"Cmon will, lighten up. It'll be fun!" I encourage him, shoving my elbow into his rib. His face contorts in annoyance of my antics, but he only pushes his glasses up and grips the strap of the bag, shaking his head.

The two of us walk around back to see all the neighbors gathered, some seated at the table on the patio, while others crowded around a grill, beers in hand. A few kids run across the well-trimmed, bright green grass, their dirty sneakers pounding off the ground.

I can practically feel the distaste from William, and to be honest, I couldn't blame him. I didn't like crowds, parties, or anything related to people. The only reason I am coming is 1, I want Will to get out more. Back in the 80's he was a real introvert, bigger than me, so much that he never socialized. That isn't healthy. And 2, we need to form connections with our new neighbors.

"Hey! Y/N!" A cheery voice comes to my ears. Turning my head, I see a woman with Indian features, darker skin that was rich like the earth, stunning amber eyes, and a gorgeous nose paired with a pair of medium sized lips.

"Reva!" I state with a warm smile, embracing her tightly.

"You look nice today."

"Thank you, you do too." She wiggled her eyebrows up and down, and I snorted. We have only been here for a few days but I have decided I really like Reva. She's a single woman who lives in a house a few doors down, and she has quite the free spirit. Had really dirty and dark humor too, that's always a plus.

"Sooo, you brought William, huh?" She teased me, sneaking a glance towards the direction of my boyfriend. I laugh, nodding.

"Yeah, had to drag him out."

She laughed.

"He's handsome, a real catch." She whispered into my ear, nudging me with her elbow and giggling. She even winked, and I couldn't help but blush slightly as I nod, smiling.

"He definitely is a good one."

"Anyways! You two want anything? A beer, coke, anything?"

I walk over the the cooler she was at and notice there was a Capri suns. Of course, I squeal in delight and quickly pull one from the red-cooler, smashing the straw into the little hole and slurping that good ass juice up.

"Eager much, love?" William teased, causing Reva to laugh.

"Hey! Capri Suns are the best! You should have one!"

He chuckled, watching Reva scavenge through the cooler for the drink he requested.

"I'll stick with a beer love, but thank you."

I roll my eyes. Always a looser, he never does anything fun. At least he's drinking, honestly when I first met William I would have never expected him to drink, even though I read all those fanfics about him being a drunk-ass.

As Reva hands him a beer, I watch the kids. One of them has a football and he threw it across to another boy, it slipping from his grasp. I have to hold in a giggle, walking over and opening my hands

"Over here!"

The boy with the ball throws it in my direction and it flies above my head, jumping up I catch the ball and throw it to the other kid. I see the littler boy gasp, before he grins and runs up to me