Extra 2

"but you said-"

"Will, please.... I know your a reserved guy, but the new neighbors are so nice, and we need to fit in here! C'mon, I don't ask you to talk to everyone there, but at least come, and talk to one or two people for me?" I ask, looking up him with as close to puppy eyes as I could manage. I see him roll his eyes, but he evidently sighs, not being able to resist me.

"Fine, when is this... Cookout." He mutters with disgust, causing me to grin.

"Saturday, starts at 6. I said we would bring some cupcakes."

He deadpans

"You literally cannot bake."

I giggle

"Shut up." I poke his nose playfully, and he rolls his eyes. Geeze, someone is seriously on their man period.

"I can bake, you are just a perfectionist."

He rolled his eyes, scoffing at me. Clearly, he didn't believe me in any way whatsoever, even though I baked for him numerous times. He even seemed to enjoy it when I he tried them, hesitantly, I guess he lied... oh well, that's a speciality of his.

"Honey, your baking tastes like ash." He comments sarcastically, and I gasp in mock offendedness

"How dare!" I exclaim, placing a hand over my chest. I see him smirk, pushing his glasses up.

"we most definitely should bring something else, my dear."

I resist the intense urge to roll my eyes at him and instead scroll through my Instagram feed, liking the pictures of various woman and men. "Ooh she's hot"

William cranes his neck to look at my device, examining her. It took him a while to get used to gay being a normal thing, but luckily he embraced the change fairly easily and didn't make any negative comments. He acted A little awkward at first, but I think anyone would act that way.

"Eh... I could get by it."

I gasp in feigned surprise and he rolls his eyes

"Your type, not mine." He comments casually

"What is your type?" I question, raising a brow as I examine his body language. He seemed slightly taken aback by the question as he squared his shoulders and stared at me for a moment; but he soon smirked.

H/C hair, E/C eyes, thick thighs, likes to lie."

"Did you make it rhyme on purpose... And hey!" I protest, causing a low chuckle to emit from him that makes me tingle.

"Your the liar handsome, not me." I protest, leaning closer and letting my eyelids slip over my eyes so I was half lidded.

"Literally never would have imagined you saying something like that." I snort finally, causing him to scoff.

"Hey, thighs don't lie, but your beautiful, loud mouth does." He pecked my nose, but rolled back over in his seat on the couch, flicking through the channels.

"You know we have other things than cable now." I comment, causing him to raise a brow.

"Netflix and YouTube are on the tv, I explained those the other day."

"YouTube sounds terrifying..." He murdered sarcastically, but it was laced with a truth. William had been pretty eager to embrace this new reality he was trapped in, but it never changed the fact it was something unknown that made him unnerved. The world had changed a lot in a 40 year time span, he wasn't used it it.

"Let's stick with Netflix, it seems kinda similar to what we used to use... In the good old days."

I snort at him, resisting the laugh that was bubbling up in my chest and threatening to explode from me.

"What?" He raised a brow at me, causing the laughter to erupt from my chest. I couldn't hold it in, it was too funny.

"'good old days'!?! You sound so old!!" I wheeze, causing him to roll his eyes

"Whatever love." He scoffs

"Whateveh luv"  I mock back, causing him to snap his gaze to me. He looked at me with a deadpan for a moment, causing me to gulp. Not out of fear like I used to, but just out of anticipation of what snarky remark or sexual position he will force me into.

"At least I'm fabulous, your American accents rather boring, darling."

I shrug, I couldn't disagree with that. I always wished I was born someone else and picked up a fancy accent. Literally any kind. I already was basic enough, I wanted some pizazz.

"At least we didn't tax colonies all the way across the fucking ocean."

"At least we didn't own slaves"

"You bitch-" I growl, causing him to smirk at me. He was still insufferable and still an awful person, my god. Why do I love this guy?

"Idiot, we come from your country."

"Which means I win this argument, dear"

I roll my eyes, annoyed with his antics as I get the baking ingredients ready. We had a few days till the party, but it would be best to get this done and dealt with now. More time to relax, more time to educate Will on...interesting...topics.

I smirk mischievously as I pull out the mixer from the corner of our counter and plugged it in, collecting eggs, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and whatever else I needed and placing them on the countertop.

"Need help, love?" William inquired, coming up behind me and cupping my hips with his hands slyly, like a snake. It made me intently smirk, but the redness on my face betrayed my inner self and made him smirk instead.

"Sure, go to the store and buy me some cinnamon."

He rolls his eyes, knowing I told him to do that to get him away from me. But can you blame me, I don't want any babies before we are married, that would be complicated, right?