Chapter 16

HoSeok looked at his watch. It's almost 10 p.m. He got up from his chair and tidied up the files scattered on the table. Need to tidy up a bit before closing the animal clinic. After finishing packing, he made sure all electrical appliances were turned off before closing the clinic gates before locking them.

POV : HoSeok
I locked the gate of the clinic. Heavy rain tonight, luckily I have my own car park next to the clinic. Now, I'm a veterinarian. That explains why. Before I could walk towards my car, I heard someone crying. I looked to the right and to the left. Nobody. Oh god, don't let anything bother me tonight! I heard crying again. I'm starting to feel cold.

The sound of crying grew louder. I closed my eyes and exhaled slowly. Calm down. There are no ghosts in this world. Ignore the sound— Suddenly, there was a knock on the clinic's gate. I jumped in surprise. Automatically, my eyes looked towards the gate of the clinic.

"Help me!"

After a while, I responded. Why am I so slow tonight? I hurried to the gate of the clinic with an umbrella, towards the crying boy. I shared the umbrella a little so that the boy would not be exposed to the rain even though he was soaking wet. When I approached him, I just noticed there was a puppy in his arms. The puppy was wrapped in a blanket.

"What can I help you with, boy?"

"Doctor, I know you've closed your clinic. But, please check this puppy of mine. I'm begging you!"

The boy cried again. I am very sympathetic to him. Luckily, I'm not a doctor's assistant. If I am a doctor's assistant, I have no right to reopen this clinic without any confirmation from the doctor. Since I am a doctor, isn’t that my job to help? Even as a veterinarian, I still count as a doctor too, right? I smiled as I nodded.

"Of course. Give me a second."

I took the key from my pocket and unlocked the gate. After that, I invited him in. I took him to the examination room. He sat in a chair. I took the puppy in his lap then placed it on the table. I noticed the boy shivering in the cold. I mean, who isn't cold when they're soaking wet? So, I gave the boy a towel.

"Take this. Dry yourself."

"T-Thank you." He shivered.

I gave him a small smile. He smiled back. Boom! Boom! My heart is boom boom! My heart is beating fast! The longer I looked into his eyes and smile, the faster my heart beat. This is not healthy! I looked away, focusing on the puppy in front of me. I started checking what was wrong with the puppy.

After examining the dog, I found injuries on the dog. His leg was slightly injured. Bruises but not severe. I gave the puppy the necessary treatment before announcing my success. "I've taken care of this puppy. There was a slight bruise on his leg. May be due to colliding with a heavy object. But don't worry, it's not that bad. He will recover after a few days."

"Thank goodness!" The boy hugged his puppy. "Forgive me, Bam. I will be more careful next time."

The puppy barked merrily. Perhaps he forgave his master and was glad to hear the news that he was not seriously injured. I smiled at the sight of him in front of me. The boy looked so happy that I saw his bunny-like smile. His teeth are like rabbits. Cute!

"It's raining heavily and you came soaking wet to my clinic. I guess you ran to come here?" He rubbed the back of his neck before nodding. I could see his face flushed. He is so cute! I want to— Snap out of it, HoSeok! "So... Do you want me to send you home?"

"N-No, it's okay! I-It's late at night and t-the rain won't hurt me. I-I don't want to bother." He looks uncertain.

"Don't say that! You don't bother me. That's right, it's late at night, that's why it's not safe to walk alone and maybe the rain won't hurt you but maybe you can catch a cold. If you don't care about all that, tell me about Bam. You definitely don't want Bam to get sick, do you?"

"I will not let Bam get sick."

"Do you want me to send you home?"

He looked right into my eyes with his doe eyes. Slowly he nodded. He is so cute! My heart will explode if my heart keeps beating so fast. Why do I feel something like the feeling I have on my soulmates? I should have had this feeling only on my soulmate! Is he— Impossible! I already have three soulmates. There can be no fourth or more. Right?

•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•
Hi, good to see you again!
(・ω・)ノ

I just want to say I apologize for not updating my story for a long time and I am not active on wattpad for this month as it is December. You know the busiest month with holidays, events, parties, personal life... etc.

To be honest, I thought I would update this story next year. but since I have little time, I update today. Maybe this month I am inactive, but in the next month I will try to do better!
ヘ(^_^)ヘ