Chapter 02

SeokJin and NamJoon have been together for two years. They have been living together for half a year. Their lives are as happy as any other couple. Ups and downs, the bittersweet experience of life is also what they have gone through together.

"Good morning, darling~!" NamJoon hugged from behind. SeokJin is making breakfast as usual. NamJoon kissed his soulmate's cheek, SeokJin just smiled. He likes kisses by the taller. Every kiss made him feel loved.

"Good morning, Joonie!" He turned off the gas then put his spatula into the sink. "Sit down. Breakfast is ready."

NamJoon sat at the dining table. He took two cups then took a jug, filling the cup with hot coffee. SeokJin sits in front of the taller after finishing serving breakfast in front of them. They ate the food in silence. Suddenly, SeokJin broke the silence.

"Joon?"

"Hmm?"

"You didn't go to work today?"

NamJoon stopped chewing when the question was asked. SeokJin noticed that but didn't ask further. "Hmm." NamJoon nodded. SeokJin wants to ask why but doesn't ask because he doesn't want to force NamJoon. He believes if there is anything, NamJoon himself will tell him.

NamJoon hasn't been to work for two days. "Do you have anything to do today?" SeokJin asked again.

"I will work from home today. I brought back some files. After finishing all my work here, I will spend my time with you." NamJoon gave a sweet smile. SeokJin returned the smile. There must be something NamJoon didn't tell.

*after a week*

POV : SeokJin
After a week, NamJoon still doesn't go to the office. My father has called and texted me many times to send NamJoon to the office. To those who don't know, my family has a big company and NamJoon works at that company. I should have worked for the company but I didn't want to. So instead, NamJoon took my place. While, I already have my own cafe!

The fact that NamJoon doesn't work in a week, can't be ignored! This is not him! My darling is a hard worker! What happened to him!? I will not let him be lazy! I need to do something! I started writing messages with a finger on my arm.

' Joon? '

' Yes, baby? '

' Are you still working? '

' Yes, I still am. '

I pressed my lips together. Should I ask why he seems to be avoiding going to the office? Oh! To anyone who doesn't already know, again, you can actually communicate with your soulmate through your skin. Just write something on your skin with your fingers. Then, the message will reach your soulmate. Believe me, this way is more effective than technology. No need to pay, no need for internet or data. Free. Finally, I decided to ask that question.

' Why are you still not in the office? '

No reply.

' This has been going on for a week. '

No reply again.

' My father is angry, Joon! '

Still no reply.

' Wait there. I will go to you. '

I got up from my comfortable position. To be honest, I'm lazy to get up when I'm sitting comfortably like this, but I can't let NamJoon be like that! This is too much! He never did not reply to a message from me. Let's hear the reason.

POV : SeokJin [end]

NamJoon was focusing on doing his job when suddenly SeokJin called out to him with a frown. He already knows that the older is coming and will interrogate him soon. SeokJin stood in front of him, crossing his arms over his chest. He looked up to see the other.

"Why are you still not going to work? My father is angry, you know. I'm not the pushy type but you must have a reason and you need to tell me why right now!" SeokJin looked right into NamJoon's eyes. He should have an acceptable reason. When the older looked at him like that, NamJoon knew he couldn't make excuses.

"I'm just... I just don't want to, okay?"

"Reason is not accepted. Now, get ready and I myself will send you. If you still don't move, I'll drag you."

"But, baby..."

"Didn't you hear what I said?"

POV : JUNGKOOK
I took my place next to my dad. My dad always went to the park after the rain and I always followed him along. Dad is contemplating the sky. He said the sky after the rain was so beautiful. But this time, the smile that always adorned his face was gone. I looked around. There were also a few others looking at the sky but their faces looked... sad?

"Dad, why does everyone look sad?"

"All living things are sad because one of the beauties of nature is slowly disappearing." Dad pointed at the sky. I looked up, looking at the sky. "The sky still looks beautiful and the clouds add to that beauty. But, something is missing." I started thinking.

"Hmm... Moon and stars?"

Dad chuckled a little at my answer. "Yes, the moon and stars also add radiance to the sky. But what I mean is that beauty can be seen more clearly after rain." It makes me think harder. "It's more clearly visible after rain because the sunlight is not so bright and makes it clearer to see." Dad added, try to help me.

"Can't you just tell me?" I sighed.

Instead dad held both my hands, making me intrigued by what he was going to say. "You just have to go find your mates and you'll know the answer later, okay?" Why didn't dad just tell me the answer to my question? Why do I have to wait for my mates? Soon, it hit me.

"Mates?" Is my mate more than one?