(Guy in the Chair arc) Part 9

My eyes flutters open, as the sun peeks through the curtains in my room and wipes away any sleepiness I had in my body. I pulled the covers off my body and sat up to the side of the bed. Gwen had to leave early since she still has school so it just leaves me alone with my parents as my moment with Gwen is still fresh in my memory.

Y/n(Memory): "When I went ahead and took up the mantle of Spider-man, no one warned me about the burden it would hold upon me"

Gwen(Memory): "We can't save everyone, just the ones that we could and sometimes that's enough for us"

I stood up from my bed and get dressed, I took a few clothes from 'my' wardrobe, luckily all the different me has the same size, and head downstairs. As I made my way down, I could hear two voices in the kitchen, it was Mom and Dad. I stayed around the stairs and listen in on their conversation.

Mom: "I still can't believe Y/n's alive" 

Dad: "He came out unscathed, just as we'd prayed"

Mom: "But something about him feels different to me, he's more glad to be around us, his eyes were devoid of life"

Dad: "Oh? What made you say that?"

Mom: "Mother's Intuition? But I might just be overthinking things"

Dad: "You do have a habit of doing that. It's quite adorable"

Mom: "Honey!"

I felt my emotions conflict deep inside, I clench my heart as I second guess my decision once again.

Y/n(Memory): "Is it so wrong? For me to spend some time with my parents, even though deep down I know they're just strangers in another dimension"

Gwen(Memory): "You shouldn't give up also, this isn't your home, and someone back there needs your help. Who needs Spider-man's help"

Gwen(Memory): "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility. We could only take so much responsibility until we could give out, we're just humans in the end"

Gwen(Memory): "We can't save everyone, just the ones that we could and sometimes that's enough for us"

Y/n(Memory): "Won't you pay the sacrifice even if it means saving everyone?"

Gwen(Memory): "When life could risk its own and have everyone safe, including theirs. Then that's what saving means to me"

I steeled my resolve once more as I took a deep breath before looking forward in determination.

Y/n: "It's time, no more going back"

I hopped off the stairs and meet my parents down in the kitchen.

Mom: "Oh, Y/n. You're awake! Hold on, I'll get breakfast for you"

Y/n: "Actually, I was wondering you guys have a few Alchemax chemicals around the house"

Y/n: *thought* "Are you kidding me!? I couldn't have worded that a bit differently?"

Dad: "We do...but why did you ask?"

Y/n: "Oh well...I made a few calculations for a science experiment and I thought I could try it out. That is if you'd let me?"

Mom and Dad looked at me with skepticism before Dad gave me a proud smile and pats the table.

Dad: "Well of course we will. But first, you should eat, can't think with an empty stomach. Mom made some hash browns, They're your favorite"