(Spider-verse) Part 4

[Y/n POV]

I made my way to where I assume Miles will be at. I retraced my steps until I reached his uncle's apartment. Once I arrived, I swung to a nearby window and looked through.

Y/n: "I was right..."

I peeked through the window and saw Miles sitting on the couch, sad as he listens to the radio behind him. I knocked on the window startling him a bit as he looked at me.

Y/n: "Hey! It's me, can you let a pal in?"

Miles slowly stood up from the couch and opened the window for me to enter before going back to the couch and lie down face first.

Y/n: "Feels like I was here just a few hours ago."

Miles: *muffled*"Why are you here?"

Y/n: "I came to see you."

Miles: *muffled*"Why?"

Y/n: "Can't a guy visit the only person who didn't try to punch me?"

Miles fell quiet as I sighed exasperatedly.

Y/n: "Look whether they like it or not, you're gonna be the next spider-man."

Miles:*muffled*"But you heard what they said, didn't you? I'm just a kid to them."

Y/n: "Yeah, because that's what you are, kid."

Miles: *muffled*"I knew it..."

Y/n: "Which means with more experience *mumble* and better teaching methods *aloud* you can be a great Spider-man."

Miles:*sits up*"What if I'm not? I'm not like any of them."

Y/n: "Who said you have to be them to be Spider-man?"

I then took off my mask and kneeled to Miles and looked him in the eyes.

Y/n: "Spider-man isn't defined by the person who wore mask before, it's defined by the person who's wearing it now. And I don't know about you but they sure as hell ain't gonna wear that mask."

I then point to Miles's chest as he looks at me with hopeful eyes.

Y/n: "It's gonna be you, so go ahead and ask yourself "how can 'you' be the best Spider-man that you can be?"

Miles: "I-"

Before he could answer, we saw a menacing shadow on the fire escape and it went to the window and opened it. A tall dark figure stood out to me along with its white eyes.

Y/n: "Quick, hide!"

Miles then turned invisible as I hide behind the tv.

[3rd POV]

Prowler entered the apartment and immediately began scanning the room. Y/n is hiding behind the tv with Miles who is breathing heavily, the bot decided to put their mask on as they look at the shadow that was looming over them.

Prowler suddenly checked behind the tv only to see Miles invisible as Y/n dove to the other side of the tv. Prowler kept crawling forward barely missing Miles who was under his field of vision.

Prowler then received a phone call, halting his scan as he answers his call from his earpiece.

Prowler:*distorted*"Hello, Mr. Fisk. I've got the security tapes from the tunnel right here."

Y/n and Miles slowly backed away from the Prowler as he stood up and continued to talk through his earpiece.

Prowler:*distorted*"If the kid's out there. I'll find him."