(Guy in the chair arc) Part 6

I swung my door to my apartment open before slamming it shut and locking the door. I made my way past my living room and into my kitchen that I rarely use, I went under the counter and opened a few cabinets to reveal some beakers, a burner mat, a few vials, and a tube rack, basically everything you need for a science lab experiment.

I set up my equipment, using my cooking range as a makeshift burner, and connect some of the flasks with a metal tube and a few other contraptions, I went into my room and took a whiteboard that was lying around and set it up next to the living room.

I dug through my pockets and fished out Peter's notebook and went ahead and copied everything on the notebook to the whiteboard. Effortlessly, I waved my marker on the board as if I was familiar with it, but in reality, inside I was shaking. My best friend's life is on the line here, if I made a mistake then I might run out of time. 

I manage to write everything down, I looked back and noticed that I wrote past the whiteboard as some of the formulas are written on my wall and floor. 

Y/n: "I can clean this up later, so what's next?"

I flicked past a few more pages on the notebook until I reached a list of all the ingredients he used.

Y/n: "Yeesh, these are some high-class chemical compounds he had. How did- Oscorp! Peter you one slick sonuva bitch"

I rummaged around my apartment and found some of the leftover ingredients from when Peter and I swiped some Oscorp chemical during our field trip, and he said I was the wicked one. 

I grabbed the ingredients needed and added them to my flasks and immediately began the experiment, The moment I started the burner the flask, along with the chemical immediately combusts. Causing shards of glass to shoot out around the kitchen as I manage to duck under just in time.

Y/n: "Why am I not surprised?"

I grabbed another flask and added the chemical again, this time with a much lower flame. It started without a hitch but when it reached the second chemical the chemical turned black, becoming unusable.

Y/n: "This is gonna be a long day" 

(3rd POV)

Y/n went on and did a few more tests, doing trial and error as he adjusts every variable in his experiment but all led to one thing, Failure.

Y/n: "Dang! Another bust *sigh* That was test what again...? I couldn't even remember

Y/n reached next to his cooking range and grabbed the container with the chemicals, only to find it empty when he shook it in his hand. Y/n cursed under his breath before looking at the label at the container and finding out that it was a compound made from everyday materials. 

Y/n: "I could probably grab some of this from the store, and I think I ran out of milk just the other day...Store it is"

Y/n placed the container back down and walked out the door, accidentally bumping into his cooking range before walking out of the apartment. Y/n however failed to notice his range started whisking out gas, slowly enveloping the kitchen with an open fire from his make-shift burner.

Timeskip 

Clerk: "Next please!"

Y/n placed his items on the counter, placing the carton of milk last. 

Clerk: "That'll be $13.40" 

Y/n took his wallet and grabbed a $10 bill, he looks around a bit more but found that he was $3.40.