The maids were gathered at the entrance, lined up as they bowed when I passed by them as if I was some royalty.

Even Agatha gave me a bow.

Gonzalo chuckled when I looked around, still dazed to even give a response. I snapped out of it and a wide smile spread all over my face.

"Thank you so much everyone. Thank you for coming to welcome me. I missed you all. Please go back to your work and happy new month. I appreciate you all." I announced shyly because this was the first time I would be treated like this.

I watched them look at each other before responding, some of them looking at me with surprise, some with admiration, some with a bright smiles, some with envy and some with a blank expression.

As they left, Gonzalo pecked my cheek and pulled me impossibly closer into him as if to prove a point.

"Welcome back home, my love." He whispered into my ear.

Even if we weren't as close and as amicable as we used to be before, I appreciated the fact that he still did this.

"Thank you. What about my siblings?"

"You mean them?" Gonzalo pointed at the top of the stairs, where Leo was alighting with Greta, who was slowly walking beside him.

I gasped. she'd started walking properly about six months ago but didn't walk often because Leo loved carrying her.

She was thick, at least compared to girls her age and still hadn't gotten rid of her baby fat yet but I didn't want to make her shed it all. Unlike Leo, when he was three, he suddenly got lean and then got taller, shedding off his baby fat. 

Also, seeing them alighting the stairs surprised me because Greta had never climbed the stairs.

I tried to walk closer and climb the stairs so I could pick her but Gonzalo stopped me.

"Let her do it. She's becoming a big girl so let her learn to do some things on her own." He told me and caressed my side. I shuddered, sighing because of how he was being with me.

I wondered if I would forgive him soon. It was hard but at the same time, he did it for me.

Because he mentioned something about his family tradition which stated that a man could not go near another man's wife. He did this to protect me from someone who would've forced me to marry him as well.

Gonzalo wasn't an innocent man, no. He was far from it. But compared to how he always pampered me and showered me with so much love, the other man who was his brother and who also wanted me so badly had sent me to a hospital with his reckless acts.

So if I were to chose between the both of them, I would chose Gonzalo. To me, he was the lesser evil. After all, there was a saying that the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.

"Yozaaa!" Greta's eyes shone as she spotted me and then she started giggling, alighting the last flight of stair and running towards me with her chubby legs.

With a giggle of my own, I walked forward and opened my arms wide, making her hug me.

Leo stopped beside me and ruffled my hair and I rolled my eyes at the act. If anything, the act should be vice versa.

Greta pulled away and looked at me, pecking my nose and then gently cradling my cheeks. I chuckled at the act, finding it cute.

"How are you, my sweet love?" I cooed.

She giggled. "Fine. Yoza. I missed youuu." She giggled again.

I threw my head back and laughed out loud. "I missed you too, I missed you and Leo. I missed you my two sweet munchkins."