Люли, люли, люленьки

Start from the beginning

I put the covers back over her once her head is resting on the pillow and her legs aren't in an uncomfortable position. I leave a kiss on her forehead before pulling on some sweatpants and a hoodie. The boys do not need to see me in my underwear and tank top at 5 in the morning. Or ever.

I trudge out of the bedroom heading over to the boys room they both share because it's only a two bedroom apartment. I knock gently on the door, laughing when I hear a groan and some shuffling. The door slowly opens and I'm met by a tired faced Billy who tries his best to give me a smile as he opens the door wider.

"Come in." He says through a yawn as he moves into the room, walking over to the wardrobe in the room.

"Where's your brother?" Billy silently points to the bed where I see a tuft of his hair poking out the covers as the rest of him are buried under them. 

"Do I have time for a quick shower? Just so I can wake up." Billy asks with his comfy clothes hanging over his arm and towel in the other.

"Yeah we will be leaving in 45 minutes so don't be too long."

"I will be five, I just need to wake up."

"Okay. I'll get Tommy up while you do that." I look back to the body in the bed. "Also, we will have something to eat at the airport so if you brush your teeth now I can pop it in the wash bag before we go." 

"Okay." He yawns once more as he heads towards the bathroom next to their room.

I shuffle over to Tommy's bed sitting on the edge as I pull the covers down to show his head, leaving it to rest just below his chin. I start brushing my hand through his hair trying to gently coax him out of his dream world as I gently whisper into the silent room.

"Wakey wakey Tommy." He groans and buries his head into the pillow, just like his mom. "I know, but the quicker you get us the quicker we get into the car then the quicker we get to the airport. You can sleep on the plane."

"Five more minutes." He grumbles and I let out a small laugh.

"You're just like your mom sometimes. I would give you 5 more minutes but Billy will be back in here after a shower, and I'm sure he would enjoy waking you up by jumping on you with his wet hair." I laugh when he sits upright. 

"I'm up, I'm up." He rubs his eyes, as he slides to the edge of the bed.

"I will leave you to it. Just don't wake your mom up, I'm giving her as much time in bed as possible." 

"Why does she get to stay asleep?" Tommy grumbles as he stands and walks over to his wardrobe.

"Would you rather deal with a sleep deprived mom? Or one who got an extra few minutes?" He looks over his shoulder as I stand heading for the door.

"Yeah you're right. Is Billy in the shower?"

"He is. If you want one that's okay, just don't take too long. Also we will get food at the airport so you can brush your teeth now and just pop it in the wash bag afterwards."

"Okay. Is there anything else we need to do?"

"No, everything is already sorted. Just make sure you're ready. Double check you have any phone chargers and other bits that are going in your day bag."

"Mhmm, will do." I leave the room, closing the door behind me to give him his privacy.

I head down the hallway turning into the kitchen to make me and Wanda a coffee. I know she will be grumpy anyway but I'm hoping the coffee lifts her mood later on...maybe. I hear movement down the hallway, and hear Tommy and Billy mumble out a morning to one another as Billy exits the bathroom so Tommy can use it. This family is definitely not an early rising family.