Chapter 34

Chase was in the castle smelling the floor for any scent. "Nope, nothing here" he said, moving on to a different area in the castle. As walked down the dark hallway that was lined with knight armors, a strange scent drifted into Chase's nose.
"This is weird" Chase said, "how could there be a scent over here but there's no scent in the throne room?".

As he continued tracking down the scent, it got stronger and started leading down a dark stairway. "Very strange" Chase said.
"This scent smells so.....like perfume?". Chase was becoming confused but he continued going down the stairway.

The stairway led into a treasure room where chests of gold and gems were stored.
But the treasure was missing. "Uh oh!" Chase said. "I have to report this to Ryder" Chase said.
"Ryder, I found something" Chase said.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

Ryder and Rocky had stopped near an old house and Rocky was using his radar scanner to look through the walls.
That's when Chase's call came in. Ryder answered it but Chase's voice kept breaking up. "Chase? Chase?" Ryder said.

The screen then went blank. "What happened to Chase?" Rocky asked. "I don't know" Ryder said, trying to call Chase.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

"I think I'm too deep in the castle and there's no connection here" Chase said. He ran upstairs and to the throne room.
"Ryder? Can you hear me now?" Chase said.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

"Chase, I can hear you and see you clearly. What's going on? Did you find something?" Ryder asked.
"Yeah I did, but it was very strange" Chase said. "I couldn't find any scent of the thief but in the hall where the knight armors are, I found a scent. But the scent smelled like....perfume".

"Perfume?" Ryder said. "Yeah, and the scent got stronger as I walked down the hall.
The scent brought me into the treasure room downstairs. That's why when I tried to call you, the connection was breaking up because I was too deep underground.
But anyways, when I went inside the treasure room, there was no treasure" Chase explained.

"We're coming" Ryder said.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

Ryder and Rocky made it to the castle. Chase brought them to the treasure room.
"I have a theory" Ryder said. "On the Princess's birthday, the thief took the throne and crown while everyone was eating cake.
After he saw that no one came after him and his crime was a success, he came back again and stole the treasure" Ryder explained.

"So why does he smell like perfume?" Rocky asked. "The thief must've wanted to hide his real scent by putting on perfume" Ryder said.
"Well, he didn't do a good job trying to hide his scent. That perfume scent is very strong and it's very easy for me to track down" Chase laughed lightly.

"Can you track where the thief went after he stole the treasure?" Ryder asked.
"Right away sir" Chase barked.
As he started sniffing the stone floor, the scent brought him to a window in the treasure room.
"The scent stops here. Maybe the thief escaped the castle through this window" Chase said.

Ryder, Chase and Rocky looked out of the window and saw water down below.
"If the thief did escape through the window, then how did he get across the water?" Rocky asked.

"I can see that this is going to be a confusing mission" Chase said. "But we can figure this out" Ryder said.
Ryder and the pups left the treasure room and went outside to where the water was.
Ryder called Zuma.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

In the Mission PAW Cruiser, the remaining pups were waiting. Zuma's pup-tag started flashing it's light. "Zuma, I need you over at the water next to the castle" Ryder said.
"Let's dive in!" Zuma barked.

Zuma ran out of the Mission PAW Cruiser and to the water.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

"I'm here, Wyder" Zuma said. "Great" Ryder said, "I need you to dive into the water and use your sonar to find any clues of the thief" Ryder said.
"Ready set, get wet!" Zuma barked. "Ruff, scuba gear!". Zuma dove into the murky dark waters. "Arf sonar!" Zuma barked.