Chapter 26

BY the night, Ryder was finished in the garage. He was exhausted and the only thing he wanted to do now was go to sleep with his pups.
The pups had spent an hour of their evening napping. The rest of the evening was spent playing and eating food from the kitchen.
The house was a complete disaster.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

Ryder opened the door to the house but immediately froze. "Was there a tornado in here?" Ryder said.
Sofa pillows were everywhere. One of them was torn apart, cotton scattered across the floor. There was pup-food and pup-treats all over the floor.
The pups' water bowls were tipped over and water was spilled on the kitchen floor. The kitchen cupboards were open and food was on the counter.

Ryder walked back in the living room but he tripped on a tennis ball. There was pup-toys everywhere. "What were they doing?" Ryder said, walking to his room only to see a giant mess.
His clothes were all over the room. The closet was even on the floor. Papers were everywhere. His hair-gel was open and coming out of the bottle.

Then his eyes landed on his pups, who were sleeping messily also. Chase was the only one sleeping neatly on the bed. Rocky was hanging from the bed.

Marshall was laid out of the floor, with his tongue out of the his mouth. Skye was sleeping on a pile of Ryder's clothes.
"Wow, they must've been having a party. The house is a disaster and they look so tired" Ryder said.

Ryder then saw Chase shift in his sleep. He didn't look like he was sleeping.
So Ryder walked to the bed and sat on it. "Chase, are you awake?" Ryder asked.
Chase opened his eyes and looked at Ryder. "Why aren't you sleeping? And why is the house recked up?" Ryder asked.

Chase suddenly started whimpering. "What happened Chase?" Ryder asked, looking at his pup with concern. "I tried to control them but I couldn't and they caused this big mess" Chase said. "Ryder, I tried controlling them".
"Chase, I'm not upset with you at all" Ryder said, "why did they reck the house?".

"We were eating pup-food when suddenly we heard these squeaking sounds" Chase began.

Reversed

The pups were eating pup-food after their one hour nap. "What should we do after this?" Rocky asked. "Maybe watch a movie?" Skye suggested. "I like that idea" Chase said.
"I guess we can do that" Rocky said.
"What are we going to watch?" Marshall asked.

"I know there's a new movie that came out a few days ago. Clifford The Big Red Dog Movie" Chase said. "That sounds interesting" Marshall said. Suddenly a faint squeak was heard by the pups. "Did you hear that?" Rocky asked.

"Yeah I did" Chase nodded his head. "It sounded like a squeak" Skye said. "It sounded like a mouse" Marshall said. The pups started looking around the house.
"There's the mouse!" Skye said, pointing to the living room carpet. "Let's chase it" Marshall said, wagging his tail.

All of the pups except Chase started barking and running after the mouse. The mouse jumped on the living room table.
Marshall leaped on the table after the mouse. But he then slipped on a stack of papers. "Ahhhh!" Marshall screamed.

"Stop guys! Your making a mess!" Chase barked, "your not cats, your pups! Pups don't chase mice!". "Come on Chase! Just join in! It's fun!" Skye said.
"Yeah it's fun but you guys are recking the house" Chase said. The mouse ran into the kitchen and onto the counter. He then climbed to the cupboard.

Rocky leaped onto the counter and into the cupboard. He knocked over food and dropped the pup-treats and pup-food.
The mouse ran from the kitchen to the bedroom. It ran on the table where Ryder has his hair-gel and comb.

Skye leaped on the table and accidentally tipped over the gel and comb.
The mouse quickly ran down and opened the bottle of hair-gel. He squirted some on the floor and then took off.

Marshall came running into the room and slipped on the gel. He went sliding toward the closet and crashed into it.
Clothes came falling out and onto Marshall. Then the closet started falling.

"Marshall!" Rocky warned. "The closet!". Marshall leaped out of the pile of clothes and ran away.
The closet crashed onto the floor, causing the house to shake slightly.
Chase dashed into the room. "Stop running after the mouse!" he barked madly.

"Look at the mess your making! Ryder is going to be so angry!" Chase said.
The mouse climbed out of the window and left the house. "Clean up!" Chase barked. "Not now. Maybe after the movie" Marshall said.

"If Ryder sees this mess, you guys are going to get the blame. Not me!" Chase said.
"Let's go watch the movie and eat some pup-treats" Rocky said. "You can't eat the pup-treats! There only for if we do something really good!" Chase said. "Ryder won't notice. We can always buy another bag" Marshall said.

The three pups walked out of the room. Rocky went in the kitchen to the get the bag of pup-treats. "Skye, why don't we play tug-of-war with this pillow?" Marshall suggested.

"I'm gonna win!" Skye barked. Marshall bit one end of the pillow and Skye bit the other.
"Stop!" Chase came running into the living room. "Your going to tore the pillow!".
"We won't pull too hard" Marshall said, his voice muffled because his mouth was full of pillow.

Marshall and Skye started pulling. As they pulled, the pillow started ripping apart. "STOP!" Chase screamed.
Before they could stop, the pillow broke and the cotton went flying out. "Oops" Marshall and Skye said.

Chase inhaled a deep breath and then exhaled. "You broke the pillow!" Chase yelled.
"Ryder won't notice. He thinks the sofa has five pillows" Marshall said. "He will notice! The sofa has six pillows" Chase said.
"Let's watch the movie now. I got the treats" Rocky said. "Ryder is going to kill you guys" Chase said.

"No he won't. How could he be upset of such cute pups?" Rocky said.
Reverse over

Chase finished telling Ryder of what happened. "Chase, I'm not upset with you" Ryder said, petting the German Shepherd pup.
"I know you tried to stop them. Tomorrow they will be cleaning the house" Ryder said.

"There's also something else I needed to speak to you about" Chase said. "What is it Chase?" Ryder asked. "I really missed those times when it was just me and you. Now there's so many more pups. Me and you use to have so much fun together" Chase said.

"Chase, just because I have more pups doesn't mean you are not my special pup you always was. Chase, you are my first pup and I love you so much. If I didn't have you, I don't know how I would've dealt with everything that happened to me in Adventure City.
Seeing your cute face every day was what kept me happy and going even though my parents caused me so much pain. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have gotten so far.
I would've still been in the foster home right now, in deep pain and misery.

I love you Chase, and you will always have a special place in my heart that no other pup will be able to take. But that doesn't mean I don't love my other pups" Ryder said.

Chase knocked Ryder down and started licking him on the face. "I love you Ryder" Chase said.
"I love you too Chase" Ryder said.
Chase huddled up next to Ryder and closed his eyes. Ryder petted Chase and then closed his brown eyes, falling into a deep sleep.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

Seconds, minutes, hours, weeks, and months flew by. Before you know it, a year has past. Ryder is now ten years old. Not only that, the constructors finished building the Lookout and Ryder finished with all the equipment and gadgets.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

"Pups, I have a very big announcement" Ryder said. Ryder was standing straight and the pups were lined up in front of him.
"I think I know what your about to announce" Chase said, his tail wagging so fast.
The pups couldn't even sit still.

"The Lookout, the equipment, and the gadgets are all ready!" Ryder announced.
"Oh my GOSH!" Skye screamed, her magenta eyes so wide. Marshall just fainted from how excited he was.
Rocky was speechless. Chase leaped on Ryder and started licking him like crazy.

"Alright pups, it's time for you guys to take a tour of the Lookout and see all your equipment and vehicles" Ryder said.
The pups were ready and wagging their tails but Marshall was still laying on the floor.
Ryder went to the kitchen and grabbed a cup of water.

He threw the cold water on Marshall. Marshall jumped up from his faint. Ryder and the pups started laughing. "Time to go pups" Ryder said. Ryder opened the door and the pups ran outside.

"I can't believe this is actually happening" Chase said.