Chapter 22

SKYE had given Ryder a great idea. Instead of all of them searching from the ground, two pups could fly the jet and search for the thief from the air.
Ryder agreed to her idea so they drove to the house. The jet was in a small garage next to the house. Skye wanted to fly the jet.
Rocky sat in the passenger seat besides her.
He used the binoculars to zoom in and look for the thief.

"Chase, use your strong sense of smell to sniff for the thief" Ryder commanded. "On it, sir" Chase said. He leaped off of the ATV and put his nose to work.

"Rocky, do you see anything?" Skye asked the mixed breed pup. "Not yet" Rocky said.
"Let's keep looking" Skye said, steering the jet to the right.

"Ryder, I can smell the cake and the thief" Chase announced. "Good sniffing" Ryder said. Chase hopped back on the ATV.
Ryder continued driving, with Chase directing him.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

Thirty minutes later, they still hadn't found the thief. But suddenly an idea sparked in Skye's mind. She steered the jet, trying to look for Ryder. "I think I know who stole the cake" Skye said.
"Who?" Rocky asked. "Mayor Humdinger" Skye said, "it has to be him. I remember before when I use to live in Adventure Bay, Mayor Humdinger use to cause lots of trouble. So he's probably causing trouble again by stealing the cake".

"If he can kidnap Ryder, he can for sure cakenap a cake" Rocky said. "Your funny, 'cakenap'" Skye giggled.
Rocky laughed lightly.

"There's Ryder!" Rocky pointed.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

"Ryder!" Skye called. "Did you find the thief?" Ryder asked. "No I didn't but I think I know who the thief is" Skye said. "Who is it?" Ryder asked. "Mayor Humdinger" Skye said.

"Mayor Humdinger? Why would he want a cake?" Ryder asked. "If he can kidnap you, he can for sure cakenap a cake" Skye said.
"Then let's head to Foggy Bottom" Ryder said.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

By the time Ryder and his pups made it to Foggy Bottom, the sun was setting over the horizon. "Here we are" Ryder said.
"What's next?" Marshall asked.
"We're going to spy on Mayor Humdinger and see if he really has the cake" Ryder said.
Ryder and the pups ran to Mayor Humdinger's lair. They quietly peaked inside.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

"Kitties, please guard the cake from my sneaky nephew while I make myself a hot mug of coffee" Mayor Humdinger said.
"Meow" the kittens mewed.
Mayor Humdinger walked to the kitchen and started making a coffee.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

"Here's our chance" Ryder faced the pups. "What's the plan?" Rocky asked. "There's a basket of yarn balls next to Mayor Humdinger's couch. Rocky, since you are grey and you can easily blend in with the grey surface and walls, you will get the yarn balls and throw them across the floor" Ryder explained, "when the kittens run for the yarn balls, I will go inside the lair and quietly take the cake" Ryder said.

"That's a great plan" Rocky said. Rocky quietly walked into the lair, his grey fur blending in with the grey surroundings.
Ryder and the other pups watched nervously, hoping they wouldn't get caught.
"Come on Rocky, you can do it" Ryder whispered.

Rocky crouched down and stalked up to the basket of yarn balls. Thankfully, the kittens hadn't seen him yet.
The grey pup then tipped the basket, sending the yarn balls rolling across the floor.
Rocky stood hiding behind the couch.

The kittens looked at each other confusingly. Despite being confused of how the yarn balls just came out of basket, the kittens couldn't resist the sight of so many yarn balls.

"This is my chance" Ryder said. He snuck into the lair and toward the cake. Rocky made his way out of the lair and joined the rest of the pups. While the kittens were busily playing, Ryder took the cake and quickly got out of the lair.