Chapter 28

TWO months went by and the PAW Patrol had been performing hundreds of rescues, day and night. But Ryder and his pups never got tired of rescuing. Rescuing others was something they loved doing.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

Ryder, Chase and Marshall were playing with a ball on a grassy area next to the Lookout. "I got it!" Marshall barked.
He jumped in the air and fell on the ball. The ball started bouncing away with Marshall.
Chase came running in and kicked the ball with his head.
Marshall fell off and the ball went flying over a fence. "Uh oh" Ryder said. They watched the ball fly over the fence and then disappear.

"Where did the ball go?" Chase said.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

Down on the cliffs, a bulldog pup saw the ball bounce into a tree that was hanging from the cliff. "Wow! A ball!" the pup said.
He ran onto the tree and started walking toward the ball that stuck between two branches.

As he neared the ball, the pup accidentally slipped and was now hanging.
"Help!" he called.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

Ryder, Chase and Marshall ran to the fence and looked over. "There's the ball!" Marshall pointed. "But who's that?" Chase asked, spotting the bulldog pup.
"Help!" the pup called again. "I'm coming" Ryder said, climbing down the cliff. But as he started climbing down, small stones fell from the steep cliff.

"This cliff is too steep" Ryder said, getting back up. "Chase, use your net so the pup has something to climb on" Ryder commanded.
"Ruff, net!" Chase barked.
Chase shot his net at the tree. "Wow! This is so cool!" the pup said. The pup got on the net and started walking toward the cliff.

Once he made it up, he jumped on Ryder and started licking him. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" the pup said. "You guys saved me!". "Whenever your in trouble, just yelp for help!" Ryder said.
"What's your name?" Ryder asked.

"My name is Rubble" the bulldog pup said. "How about you guys?". "I'm Ryder" Ryder said. "I'm Chase" the German Shepherd said.
"And I'm Marshall" the Dalmatian said.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

Ryder brought Rubble back to the Lookout. He gave him lots of pup-food.
The other pups were sitting in a line and watching Rubble eat. "So you live all alone?" Skye asked. "Yes I do" Rubble said, "but I'm a tough pup".

"What is it like to live alone?" Marshall asked. "Well, you just live alone. You have to search for what your going to eat. As a stray pup, you don't have an option of what food you want to eat. You just have to eat what comes your way" Rubble said.

"When night time comes, you need to find a place to sleep. It's not comfortable to sleep outside. It's never perfectly warm or comfortable. But you get use to it" Rubble explained.

"I know how it is to live as a stray pup. I was a stray pup myself" Zuma said.
"I know how it is also. It's a hard life" Chase said.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

The next day, Ryder received a call from Jake. He was stuck in some snow and was unable to get out. Ryder called the pups to the Lookout. Rubble was there and watching the PAW Patrol get ready for a rescue.

"For this rescue, I'll need Chase. Your going to lower me down on your winch just incase the slope is too steep" Ryder said.

"Chase is on the case!" Chase barked. "Skye, your going to search for Jake from the air" Ryder said.
"This pups gotta fly!" Skye squeaked, performing a flip. "Alright, PAW Patrol is on a roll!" Ryder said, running to his pole.

Chase barked and then ran to the slide. But Rubble followed him and went down with him. Skye went down next.
They got into their vehicles and off they went. The garage opened and Ryder drove out on his ATV.

"Ryder, I have a passenger" Chase said. "I know who it is. Rubble, you can come along, just don't get in our way" Ryder said.
"I won't" Rubble said.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

Ryder, Chase, Skye, and Rubble made it to Jake's Mountain. Skye flew off in her copter in search of Jake.
Ryder and Chase waited at the top of the mountain. Rubble spotted a ski-board. He ran over to it and got on, then started sliding down the slopes.

As they waited, Chase noticed that Rubble was no where in sight. "Ryder, Rubble is no where to be seen" Chase said. "I know where he is" Ryder laughed lightly, "down there".
Chase saw the small pup skiing down the slopes.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

"Skye to Ryder, I found Jake" Skye said. "That's great Skye" Ryder said, "we're coming".
Skye flew back to the top of the mountain.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

Ryder put on a harness and attached the winch to it. "Alright Chase, start lowering me down" Ryder said, "just do it slowly and carefully".
"On it, sir!" Chase barked.
He leaped into his vehicle and started lowering  Ryder down.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

Ryder reached the stack of snow that Jake was stuck in. "I'm here Jake" Ryder said.
"That's great dude" Jake said. Ryder used a shovel to dig the snow. But he learned that the snow was too hard to be dug with a shovel.

"Great, now what am I going to do?" Ryder said. Just then Rubble came skiing down. "Hey Ryder, need any help?" Rubble asked. "Not really. I'm just trying to figure out a way to dig up this snow" Ryder said.

Rubble looked at the snow and then started digging. "No Rubble! Your gonna get stuck!" Ryder warned.
"Rubble?".

"Jake, do you see a small pup in there?" Ryder asked. "You mean this awesome digging dude" Jake said, holding up Rubble.
Rubble started licking Jake and Jake started laughing. The two of them got out of the snow. "Is this pup the newest member of the PAW Patrol?" Jake asked, rubbing Rubble's belly.
"Hmm" Ryder thought.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

Ryder, Chase, Skye and Rubble were back in the Lookout. The pups were lined up infront of Ryder. "Pups, I have a big announcement" Ryder said.
"What is it?" Skye asked. "I found Rubble a new home, where he will have food, friends, and a place to sleep" Ryder said.

"That's great Rubble, but I'm gonna miss you" Skye said. "Yeah, your a cool little dude" Zuma said. "You don't have to miss him. Rubble's new home is here" Ryder said.
"Really? Really? Really?" Rubble barked, jumping on Ryder and licking him on the cheek.

Ryder laughed and then put Rubble down. Rubble sat straight infront of him. "Rubble, as a PAW Patrol pup, do you promise to do your best and to lend a paw when help is needed?" Ryder asked.
"I do!" Rubble said, then started barking excitedly. "Okay, here's your very own pup-tag" Ryder said, "welcome aboard".

"Wow!" Rubble breathed as he stared at his pup-tag. "Since you love to dig so much, you can be the construction pup of the team" Ryder said.
"I'm part of the PAW Patrol!" Rubble barked. "Welcome to the team, little dude" Zuma said. All of the pups welcomed Rubble to the team.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

A few weeks past and Rubble became a useful pup in the team. Ryder and his pups were in the TV room, watching a movie.
They were watching Apollo The Super Pup. Rubble was the biggest fan of Apollo.

Ryder's pup-pad suddenly started ringing. The pups looked at Ryder and Ryder took out his pup-pad.
It was Mayor Goodway calling. "Hey mayor, what's up?" Ryder asked. "Hi Ryder, I have some exciting news" Mayor Goodway said.

"What is it?" Ryder demanded. "The Princess of Barkingburg has invited us to her birthday" Mayor Goodway said.
"The Princess of Barkingburg?" Ryder raised an eyebrow. The pups exchanged looks of confusion.

"Barkingburg is a kingdom outside of Adventure Bay. When it's the Princess's royal birthday, she always invites the residents from Adventure Bay. I told her about you and the pups, and she really wants to meet you guys" Mayor Goodway said.

"Alright, we'll come. But when is her birthday?" Ryder asked. "Tomorrow, everyone must be there by the evening" Mayor Goodway said.
"Okay, we're coming" Ryder said.

Ryder looked at the pups. "We're going to a real kingdom?" Chase said. "Yup" Ryder said. "Oh my! That's so exciting!" Skye said.
"We're going to meet a real princess" Rocky wagged his tail.