Chapter 25

RYDER picked up the call.

Jessie: Hi Ryder, I'm so happy you picked up. I've been missing you so much, where are you?

Ryder: Yeah alright, you miss me. Your the one who threw me away, treated me like trash.

Ryder's pups were all sitting up in bed, listening to Ryder and Jessie talk.
Before Jessie could speak, James whispered, "I told you your plan wouldn't work. It's already starting to fail".

Jessie: Where are you though? Me and James have been so worried.

Ryder: You won't ever know where I'm living. All I can tell you is that I'm living the life. I have four pups, and they mean the world to me. I love them more than I love you guys....I mean I don't love you guys anymore.
I actually hate you two. I don't consider you as my parents.

Jessie: Ryder, we took care of you for eight and this is how you speak to us. You should be freeing us from prison right now in payback for everything we did for you.

Ryder: You must be insane. You actually think I'm going to forgive you and free you from prison. What you guys have done to me has hurt me so hard in the heart.
But that wound has healed and now I'm living the best life anyone would dream of living. But wounds leave scars, and there's still a scar of that painful memory left in my heart from the pain you caused me.

Jessie: Ryder, I'm so sorry about what we did. It's just during that situation, we were so stressed and angry.
But I promise that we will be the best parents to you, we will give you the best life ever, and give you anything you wish to have.

Ryder: Hmm, let me think about it......NO I DO NOT FORGIVE YOU GUYS! In my eyes, I see you as trash!
My life is perfect over here. I might have lost everything I had in Adventure City, my parents, my friends, my home, and everything, but it has all been replaced with greater things.

Jessie: Did you get adopted?

Ryder: Nope! I chose not to. I live with all my four pups and I have the greatest friends who are always there for me.
I love my pups better than anyone in this world! INCLUDING YOU GUYS!
You two are trash!

And then Ryder hung up the call before Jessie could speak. He blocked and deleted his parents number.
"Wow! Wow! Wow! She actually thought you'd forgive them and free them from prison?" Chase said.
"That's insane!" Marshall said. "Oof! I hate them! Never do I want to hear their voices nor see their faces" Ryder said.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

"I knew it wouldn't work" James said. "I guess we're going to have to spend three years in prison" Jessie said.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

Another bright day in Adventure Bay. Ryder and his pups were having breakfast in the kitchen. Ryder was just eating a simple cream cheese bagel while his pups were all lined up and eating pup-food from their bowls.

"So, are there any plans for today?" Rocky asked. "After breakfast, I'm gonna be starting Marshall's exercises. But I'm gonna need you pups also" Ryder said.
"Sure Ryder! I'm glad to help!" Chase said. "Me too!" Skye said. "But what do you need us for? We're not the one doing the exercises" Rocky said, tilting his head in a confused way.

"You'll see when we start" Ryder said. "The exercises will last till the afternoon. After that, I have a busy evening ahead.
I'm gonna start building our rescue equipment and gadgets" Ryder said.

"I can't wait for when everything is ready and we all become official rescuers" Skye said.
"We will become the PAW Patrol!" Chase said.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

"My lair! My lair!" Mayor Humdinger screamed as he ran in circles. He had been standing infront of his destroyed lair since yesterday. He even slept next to it.
"We can't just stand here all day. Let's get some constructors to rebuild the lair" Harold said. "Great idea! And after that I will get revenge on Ryder" Mayor Humdinger sneered.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

Ryder brought the pups to the pup-park for Marshall's exercises. "What's first?" Marshall asked, wagging his tail slightly.
"Since your always bumping into things while running, you will be practicing running with obstacles in your way" Ryder said.

"That sounds hard" Marshall gulped. "With practice, you'll be a lot more steady on those paws" Ryder said, petting Marshall on the head.

Ryder set up a running course with barrels as obstacles for Marshall to dart between.
"Your not going to be running alone, you will be racing with other pups" Ryder said.
"That's even harder!" Marshall said.

The pups lined up at the starting line. "3, 2, 1 GO!" Ryder counted. The pups took off and the race began. "Marshall, keep your eyes focused on what's ahead of you! And don't panic when a barrel comes in sight!" Ryder said.
All of the pups beat Marshall in the race.

A barrel came in sight. "Uh oh!" Marshall said. As he was about to make a turn, he slipped on his large paws.
"Ahhhh!" Marshall cried as he went sliding toward the barrel. He crashed into the wooden barrel and went rolling on it, knocking down all of the other barrels.

Marshall fell onto the ground and a barrel fell over him. Ryder ran up to him and removed the barrel. "Are you okay?" Ryder asked.
"I'm fine" Marshall said, and then sighed sadly. The other pups gathered around. "I'm of no use" Marshall said, "I knew I wouldn't be able to do it".

"Marshall, don't speak like that about yourself" Skye said, "this is just your first exercise, you can't give up that fast".
"You can do it, Marshall. I know you can, you just have to put in the work" Chase said.
"And we're here to support you" Rocky said.

"Are you going to give up just because you failed on your first exercise?" Ryder asked Marshall. Marshall looked at Ryder.
Marshall then stood, a slight frown masked on his face.

"I'm not giving up!" he barked. "Now your speaking! Let's keep practicing!" Ryder said, petting Marshall. "And this time, I'm going to have pup-treats. You'll have to work if you want to get one. And you pups will get one also" Ryder said.

The pups howled together. A new energy, courage, and confidence rushed through Marshall's body.
"I can do this! I will do this!" he said.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

The afternoon was spent in the pup-park, doing exercise to help Marshall become more steady on his paws.
Though his natural clumsiness wouldn't fully go away because his paws are large, he can still become more steady and balanced.

Ryder made the pups do two more races. Marshall won one of them and got a pup-treat. They also did jump-rope and Marshall had tripped over the rope, getting tangled.
Then they did barrel racing.
Marshall loss control of his barrel and went rolling out of the pup-park. His clumsiness always made the pups and Ryder laugh.

He was happy that he wasn't being treated meanly like his former-owner use to treat him.
After a long afternoon in the pup-park, Ryder brought the pups home.
He couldn't have time to relax. Ryder went to the garage that was near the house and started getting to work on the rescue equipment and gadgets.

While he worked busily, his pups were getting ready for a nap after their tiring afternoon.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

All of the pups were on Ryder's bed. Chase was the last to leap on. He looked around, the bed was crowded with pups.
"I remember when it only use to be me and Ryder sleeping on the bed. Now there's so many pups" Chase thought.

"Those times were great, when it was only me and Ryder" the German Shepherd thought.
Chase laid down and stared at the ceiling, thinking of the times when it was only him and Ryder. Now Ryder was the owner of many pups and his love and care wasn't only for Chase anymore, it was also for Marshall, Skye, and Rocky.