Chapter 6

"THE mayor of Adventure City?" James gasped. "Why is he calling?" Jessie said. "This probably has to do with what happened" James said, "and if we're blamed for what happened, that pup of Ryder's is out".
Jessie nodded in agreement. James picked up the call.

James: Hello Mayor Steve, how are you?

Mayor Steve: Hi James, I'm fine and you?

James: I'm great, what makes you call me?

Mayor Steve: I'm sure you know about what happened. That news has spread across Adventure City like a wild fire.

James: Yes sir, I know what happened.

Mayor Steve: As you know, that horrible German Shepherd pup has caused that accident. I'm sure your family are the ones who own him.

James: Yes we do.

Mayor Steve: Alright, tomorrow you and Jessie must come to my office for a meeting.

James: A meeting? For what?

Mayor Steve: Just come at 8:30am. Don't be late.

James: Okay, will do.

Mayor Steve: Good to hear, bye.

James: Bye.

"What did he say?" Jessie asked. "Steve wants us to come for a meeting at his office tomorrow" James said. "A meeting for what?" Jessie confusingly said. "I don't know. He just said to be there at 8:30am" James said.
"Ryder won't be going to school tomorrow because of his broken arm, so who will watch him? I don't trust him alone, he can get into something crazy again" Jessie said.

"We can send him to his friends' house" James said. "But his friends will be at school" Jessie said. "Fine, he can stay home alone" James said.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

The next morning, everyone was downstairs eating breakfast. "Ryder, me and your mother have a meeting with Mayor Steve at 8:30am" James said. "Okay, so what does that have to do with me?" Ryder said.
"Your gonna be staying home alone" James said. "I'm not alone. I have Chase" Ryder said.
"Yeah I know, that horrible pup" James said.

"Chase is not horrible" Ryder said, his tone rising. "Yes he is" Jessie said, "don't argue back with your parents". Ryder took in a deep breath, trying to hold in his anger.
"Since it's only 7:00am right now, we have time to discuss what happened earlier and what will your punishment be" James said, checking his watch.

Chase listened intently while he ate his breakfast. "What made you think to take my motorcycle, drive it and then break it?" James asked. "I had to save Chase so I needed the fastest way to get to Animal Control Center" Ryder answered.
"Why didn't you tell us? By you trying to save him on your own, you just caused a really big problem for yourself" Jessie said.

"I didn't think you guys would do anything because Chase caused that accident" Ryder said. "You still shouldn't have tried to save him on your own. At the end of the day, I was the one who saved him anyways and all you did was create a big problem for yourself" James said.

"And you got that expensive iPhone smashed by a truck. You won't be getting any phone for a long time" Jessie said.
"About the accident, that wasn't really your fault. It was Chase's fault. If Mayor Steve blames us for what happened, that pup of your's is out" James said.

"How could you do that?" Ryder asked. "How could we do that?" Jessie said, "that pup has caused a big problem for us, and not only us, but for other people. Two people are in the hospital now and they don't have the money to pay for the treatment and surgeries.
The driver who accidentally hit the other car has now lost his job. Without a car, he can't work as taxi which means he can't provide for his family. What if Mayor Steve says for us to buy the man a new car and to pay for the peoples' treatment?".