Chapter 3

RYDER was texting Jack while Chase was walking close to him. He kept looking down to make sure that Chase was still next to him and didn't run off.

Ryder: Hey bro, I'm coming now. Did the race begin?

Jack then came online and checked Ryder's message.

Jack: Your fortunate, the race hasn't started yet.

Ryder: Why? What's going on?

Jack: When we got there, they weren't finished setting up the race tracks and seats. Secondly, the judge had announced that Lightening Bolt was being challenged against the second fastest dog in the world, Fire Heart.
But when Lightning Bolt showed up with his owner, his owner said that Lightning Bolt injured his paw during race training. Now he is unable to race, so the judge is deciding if the race should be canceled.

Ryder: Oh my, Lightening Bolt has never missed a race.

Lightening Bolt is a slim yet muscular white dog with floppy ears and sharp blue eyes. He earned a title as being the star of pup racing. He never failed to break through the finish line first.
That's why Lightening Bolt is known as the fastest dog in the world.

Jack: I know, let's see what happens.

Ryder: Yeah, I'll come anyways.

After texting Jack, Ryder put his phone back in his pocket. "Chase, the race might be canceled today but don't worry. Today you'll meet the fastest racing dog in the whole entire world" Ryder said. "Wow! Who is the fastest racing dog?" Chase asked. "His name is Lightening Bolt and he's a white dog with blue eyes. Lightening Bolt is a champion and star" Ryder explained.
"That's so cool" Chase said. "I can't wait to meet him". Chase's tail started wagging fiercely as he moved faster on his tiny paws. Ryder smiled with love, looking down at his fluffy pup.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

Ryder and Chase made it to the pup race. "Now don't run if you end up spotting Lightening Bolt" Ryder said. "I promise" Chase said. As they pushed through the crowd, Ryder's eyes scanned for his friends but he was also trying to keep an eye on Chase. Chase was starting to get nervous because there were so much people, he thought someone might step on him. Ryder noticed his pup getting nervous, so he picked him up. As they walked into less crowded area, Chase's eyes landed on a pure white dog.

The dog was sitting down, his muscles showing visibly through his shiny white fur. He had his chest puffed out while his blue eyes were sharp and bright.
"Woah!" Chase gasped. Chase started squirming in Ryder's arms, trying to break free. Ryder put him down, but the second he was set free, Chase took off.

"Chase!" Ryder called, "where are you going?". Chase ignored Ryder and continued running toward Lightning Bolt. "I knew he would run off the minute he saw Lightning Bolt" Ryder said and started running after Chase.
Chase accidentally crashed into Lightning Bolt's long legs.
He shook his head immediately and looked up, his ears were pinned to his head while his eyes were widened in nervousness and amazement.

"Oops, I'm sorry" Chase said, giving a nervous laugh. "Your a fast little guy" Lightening Bolt said, his voice deep and bold. "I guess so" Chase said, laughing nervously.
"What do you mean you guess so? You ran toward me very fast" Lightening Bolt said. "I never thought I was that fast" Chase said, "but anyways, you must be Lightening Bolt? The fastest dog in the world, the star, the champion!".

"You bet I am" Lightening Bolt said, "what's your name, kid?". "I'm Chase!" the small brown pup said. "I have an idea" Lightening Bolt said. "What's your idea?" Chase asked. "Since I can't race against Fire Heart" Lightening Bolt said, gesturing his paw toward an orange-brown dog.
She was slim, her fur was shimmering under the sun's light, and her green eyes were bright.