Chapter 7

"CHASE is going to the animal shelter now" James said. "YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" Ryder yelled, his heart beating faster and his body trembling. "I'm not going to the shelter!" Chase barked. "You can't do anything about it" Jessie said. "I love Chase and he loves me! No one will care for him the way I do!" Ryder said.
"I will never be happy with anyone else! I'm not going to the shelter!" Chase said.

"Yes you are going" James said. "Because of you, we have to spend so much money. After we pay for the hospital treatment, we're definitely not going to have enough money to pay the rent for this house, let alone provide for a bad pup".

"You can't send me to the shelter! I've only been with Ryder for three days!" Chase said. His voice was sounding shaky and his brown eyes were tearing up.
Ryder was speechless, he didn't know what else to say. "Pack up Chase's stuff, NOW!" James yelled. "I hate you two!" Ryder said, heading toward the stairs.

"Ryder, what are you doing?" Chase asked. "I'm going to pack up your stuff" Ryder said, heading upstairs to his room. Chase ran after him, he was completely confused and shocked by what Ryder was doing.

"This is the hardest thing I've ever done" James said. "I know but it's what we have to do" Jessie said.

"Ryder, your actually gonna send me to the shelter" Chase said, his eyes swelling in tears."Chase, I can't do anything right now but I can do something when your at the shelter" Ryder said. "What are you going to do?" Chase asked. "What if someone adopts me tonight or tomorrow".

"I'm gonna get you from the shelter tonight when my parents are asleep" Ryder said. "Where are you going to bring me? Your parents will get so upset if they see that you brought me back to the house" Chase said.
"Leave that to me. I have a plan" Ryder said. "But Ryder, I don't want to go to the shelter" Chase said. "Your not gonna stay there for long. I'm coming for you tonight" Ryder said.

Ryder packed up Chase's stuff. Before leaving the room, Ryder and Chase shared a moment. "I don't want you to worry Chase" Ryder said, "I promise that I'm coming for you tonight and that I won't let this plan fail or get ruined. Do you trust me?".
Chase looked at Ryder with sad brown eyes. "Alright, I trust you" Chase said. Ryder grabbed the small pup with his unbroken arm and hugged him. "I love you Chase and I will never give up on getting you back no matter what happens" Ryder said.
"I love you too, Ryder" Chase said.

Ryder and Chase went downstairs. "Good, now let's get this pup to the shelter" James said.
"Stay strong and don't worry" Ryder whispered to Chase. "I'll stay home and make lunch" Jessie said. "No problem" James said. James, Ryder and Chase headed outside.
James opened the back door to the car and Ryder got in along with Chase. James got in the front and started the engine.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

And so they pulled over at the animal shelter. During the drive, Ryder payed close attention to the road. He needed to know where the animal shelter was for when it was time to put his plan into action.
James got outta the car and so did Ryder and Chase. They entered the animal shelter and walked toward a counter where a lady was sitting.

"Hello ma'am" James said. "Hi" the lady said, "can I help you?". "I no longer want this pup" James said. The lady who had a stank face, took Chase. "Alright, you can go now" she said. James didn't say anything, he just walked toward the exit with Ryder. Ryder glanced at Chase who was watching him go.
He winked at his pup, trying to tell him that he was coming for him. Chase smiled and winked back.

Ryder and his father got in the Mercedes Benz and drove off back to home.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

Ryder and his parents were at the dining table eating lunch. Jessie had cooked spaghetti with meatballs and sprinkled Parmesan cheese on top. Ryder was silent while eating, just listening to his parents as they spoke.
"When are you gonna pay for the hospital treatment?" Jessie asked James. "Today after lunch" James said, "and we're gonna be broke after I take out that chunk of money from my wallet".