Chapter 8

CHASE was up, waiting for Ryder. Marshall was also up, both pups were chit chatting and getting to know each other more and more. "Those were some amazing and crazy stories you told me" Marshall said.
"Yeah, that's just me and Ryder. We're unique unlike other owners and their pups who live the ordinary owner and pup life" Chase said.
"I wish I had an owner like Ryder" Marshall thought. "So when is he coming?" Marshall asked. "Ryder should be here soon, being that it's night" Chase said.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

Ryder made it to the animal shelter. "Now to get in" he said, looking at the door that was locked. "Maybe there's some window that might be open" Ryder said.
He started walking around the shelter, looking for an open window. When Ryder reached the back of the animal shelter, he eyes landed on a medium window that had been left open.

"My plan is going my way" Ryder said, getting in through the window. He found himself in the area where all the animals are kept.
"There's so many cages. How am I going to find Chase?" Ryder said, taking out a flashlight from his pocket and turning it on.

"Chase! Where are you?" Ryder called. Ryder walked down the long row of cages, using his flashlight to see in the dark.
As he searched for Chase's cage, he suddenly realized that he was surrounded by darkness. The only light coming from his flashlight.

Ryder looked around, a shiver ran up his spine. "It's creepy in here" he said, his brown eyes wide in fear. Ryder could here animals moving in their cages. He heard his footsteps as he walked.
Ryder was starting to freak out in the dark and mostly quiet shelter.

"Chase!" he called, trying to find his pup quickly so he can get out.
"Ryder!" a sudden faint voice came. "That's sounds like....Chase!" Ryder said.
"Chase! It's Ryder! Where are you?" Ryder said, picking up pace and scanning the hundreds of cages quickly. "I'm over here!" Chase said.

Ryder followed Chase's voice and ended up in front of his cage. "Chase!" Ryder said with joy. "Ryder!" Chase barked. "I can't believe you actually came!". "I told you. I would never leave you" Ryder said.
Chase's tail was wagging fast with happiness and his brown eyes were sparkling with joy.
"Let's get you outta here" Ryder said.

Marshall watched as Ryder tried opening the cage. "I wish I was the one being freed" Marshall sighed sadly.
"What kind of lock is this?" Ryder said. "Why can't you open it?" Chase asked. "The lock is tricky to open" Ryder said.

As Ryder worked on opening the cage, he was making quite some noise.
The nearest animals were being awakened by the noise. The dogs started barking, the cats hissed and growled, and parrots screeched loudly. "Hurry Ryder! Someone is gonna catch us!" Chase said.
"I'm trying" Ryder said. "Try and pull that latch!" Marshall said. Ryder tilted his head at the hearing of Marshall's voice.

"Everyone calls me Speckles but my real name is Marshall" the Dalmatian pup said, "you must be Ryder". "Marshall?" Ryder said, staring at the pup. "Why does he look so familiar and why does his name sounds so familiar?" Ryder thought.
"Ryder?" Chase said, "are you okay?".
"Oh y-yeah, I'm fine" Ryder said.
"Hmm" Chase raised an eyebrow. "How do you know my name?" Ryder asked. "Chase told me about you" Marshall said. "Your so cool".
Ryder smiled at the pup. He continued trying to open Chase's cage.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

Outside, in front of the animal shelter, the lady who owns it was calling the police.

Lady: Hi sir, I really need your help urgently.

Policeman: Hi ma'am, how can I help?

Lady: I own an animal shelter and my house is right next to it. As I was getting in bed, I suddenly heard the animals making a whole lot of noise. They only make noise when something is wrong.
I can hear someone trying to open a cage. I think a thief has somehow got in and is trying to steal the animals.