Chapter 16

RYDER cracked open his eyes. "Where am I?" he said in a low and tired voice. He looked around to find himself in an underground lair. It was small and made of dirt.
"Hi" a sudden voice said. Ryder jumped slightly at the hearing of another voice. He turned his head to the left to see a Cockapoo pup.
"How are you feeling?" the pup asked. "I'm feeling weak, hungry and a little cold" Ryder said, "but who are you?".
"I'm Skye" the Cockapoo introduced herself.
"Skye....sounds very familiar to me" Ryder said. "What are you talking about?" Skye asked.
"Oh nothing, so where am I?" Ryder asked, changing the subject quickly.

"Well your inside my shelter. This small lair is where I live. I found you laying on the beach and your body was very cold. So I brought you to my shelter and gave you that spare mattress I had" Skye explained.

"Wow" Ryder said, "thank you for saving me". "No problem. It was nothing really" Skye said. "So who are you? You seem interesting".
"Well I'm Ryder" Ryder said, "I live in Adventure City with my two beloved pups, Chase and Marshall".
"Wow, your the loving owner of two pups?" Skye said. "Yup, Chase and Marshall mean the world to me since I don't have parents or friends" Ryder said, "actually I do have parents but I wouldn't consider them my parents".

"Why?" Skye asked. "My parents sent me to a foster home" Ryder said. "Foster home? That's horrible" Skye said.
"It is" Ryder said. "If you live in Adventure City and have two pups, what were you doing in the sea?" Skye asked, a confused expression written on her face.
Ryder started explaining to Skye everything that happened.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

"Chase, can't you slow this down" Marshall said. "I don't know how to!" Chase said, his eyes scanning the many buttons in the jet. "LOOK!" Marshall screamed up to his lungs. Chase saw a tall skyscraper in their way.
"Steer the jet!" Marshall screamed.
In Chase's panic to steer the jet in the opposite direction, he accidentally pressed a green button.

The jet suddenly picked up a large amount of speed and boosted up toward the skyscraper. "What did you do?!" Marshall shouted at Chase.
"I don't know!" Chase said. "We're going to die!" Marshall yelled. "At least I'm gonna die knowing I tried to save Ryder!" Chase said.

The jet crashed into the skyscraper. Fire and smoke immediately exploded from the jet. Parts of the jet went flying and the top of the skyscraper crumbled down.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

"So your saying Mayor Humdinger kidnapped you?" Skye said. "Yeah, is there something I don't know?" Ryder said. "Well I'm not surprised he did that. But I'm still confused of why he went all the way to Adventure City to kidnap a specific boy" Skye said.
"Why aren't you surprised? And what do you mean that your confused of why he went all the way Adventure City? He obviously lives there" Ryder said.

"I know Mayor Humdinger so I'm not surprised that he kidnapped you because that crazy man has a reputation for being a troublemaker and causing lots of harm" Skye said.

"And he doesn't live in Adventure City, he lives on an island called Foggy Bottom which is close to Adventure Bay" Skye explained.

"How do you know about all this when you only live on a stranded island in the middle of sea?" Ryder asked. "I lived in Adventure Bay two years ago with my owner" Skye said. "Why aren't you in Adventure Bay anymore?" Ryder asked. "Two years ago, my owner, his friend and me were going sailing on a beautiful day" Skye began.

Skye's Story

"The weather is beautiful for a ride in my canoe" Skye's owner said, as they were sitting by the dock of Adventure Bay. "Why don't we take a ride in the canoe?" Skye suggested. "I'll call my friend" Skye's owner said.
Moments later, Skye's owner's friend came to the dock. Both men and one pup got in the canoe and began paddling out onto sea.