Chapter 29

NIGHT grasped onto Adventure Bay tightly. Diamond-like stars twinkled against the ebony black sky. The moon was crescent shaped.
Chilly night winds danced around Adventure Bay. In the Lookout, Ryder was sleeping in his bedroom.
He shivered slightly, so he tucked himself in the blanket. Since it was a chilly night, the pups were allowed to sleep inside.

They were sleeping on their pup-beds in the TV rooms. Ryder's bedroom was on the opposite side of the elevator and TV room.
Marshall and Zuma were the only ones still awake and whispering to each other while the others slept.

"I can't believe we're going to a real kingdom tomorrow" Marshall said, his blue eyes glowing slightly in the dim darkness.
"I still can't believe it, dude" Zuma said. "Ryder said that we won't be taking our vehicles to Barkingburg. We're going to take a different vehicle that we never seen" Marshall said.

"It's probably going to be so amazing. You know Wyder be building some weally fascinating stuff" Zuma said.

"I'm gonna go to sleep. Tomorrow we have a big day" Marshall yawned, closing his eyes. "Me too. Goodnight Marshall" Zuma said.
"Goodnight" Marshall whispered.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

The sun started to rise over the horizon. It's golden rays embraced Adventure Bay, awakening everyone.
The pups started getting up one by one. Ryder was still sleeping in his room. "I'm hungry" Rubble said.
"Your always the first one to be hungry" Skye laughed. Rubble giggled and got out of his yellow pup-bed, stretching out his limbs.

"Let's wake Ryder" Rocky said. "No, let him sleep extra today" Chase said. "But I'm hungry" Rubble said. "We can get our own food" Chase said.
The pups walked to the kitchen. Chase leaped onto the counter and found the bag of pup-food. The pups were lined up with their bowls infront of them.

"So how do we pour food in our bowls if we don't have hands?" Marshall asked. "Each pup will use the scoop to pour his or her's food. They can bite the handle" Chase said.
"I'll go first".
Chase bit onto the handle of the pup-food scoop. He scooped some food from the bag and into his bowl.
"See, that was easy" Chase said. "It's kinda messy though" Rocky said. Chase looked at the floor to see pup-food scattered everywhere.

"Leave this mess to me" Rubble said. He cleaned up the pup-food from the floor by eating it.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

Ryder threw aside his blanket and stretched his arms in the air while yawning. He checked his alarm clock and saw that it was late morning.
"Oh my! I need to wake the pups" Ryder said. Ryder walked out of his room, only to see the pups' pup-beds empty.

He went to the kitchen to see his pups cleaning their mess from breakfast. Rubble was eating up the pup-food that was scattered across the floor. Chase was putting away the bag of pup-food. Marshall, Rocky, Skye, and Zuma were putting away the bowls.

"Morning pups" Ryder said. The pups looked to the doorway to see Ryder, wearing his blue pajamas and his furry Chase slippers.
"Ryder!" all of the pups barked and started running to him. They jumped on the boy and started licking him.

"When did you guys get up?" Ryder asked, sitting up as the pups moved aside.
"We got up early" Marshall said. "Why didn't you guys wake me?" Ryder questioned.

"Chase, you can answer that question" Marshall said, gesturing his paw toward Chase. "I just wanted to let you sleep so you won't be tired today" Chase said, looking down at the floor and shuffling his paw.

"I understand you Chase, it's okay" Ryder said, petting his pup. "The next time, just wake me up also". "Will do, sorry for letting you oversleep" Chase said.
"It's alright" Ryder said.
🐶🐶🐶🐶