Chapter 19

RYDER and Skye were sitting at the fireplace in the boy's cabin. The boy had served them some steaming hot chocolate.
"So who are you and why do you live alone in the jungle?" Ryder asked. "I'm Carlos" the boy said. "Carlos?" Skye said. "Yeah, Carlos" the boy said. "You look familiar? It's like I've seen you but I don't remember where" Skye said.

"You look familiar also. You remind of this pup named Skye" Carlos said. "I am Skye" the Cockapoo said. "I remember you! Remember you and your owner Henry use to go hiking with me around the jungle" Carlos said.

"I remember that" Skye said. "What ever happened to you, Henry, and his friend after that day you guys went sailing? I remember everyone in Adventure Bay was talking about how the storm took you guys" Carlos said.
"That day was the most terrifying day of my life" Skye said.

"The storm took us far away from Adventure Bay. We were out in the middle of the sea when a giant wave flipped the canoe. 
We all fell into the water. I was able to swim back to the surface, Henry resurfaced one time and then sunk back down. He and his friend never came back up.
I remember I tried so hard to keep swimming but I couldn't keep up anymore. I had fainted and then I found myself on an island. A dolphin who I called Flippers had saved me.
I lived on that island for two years until Ryder surprisingly showed up on the island" Skye said.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that" Carlos said, "at least your alive and you have a new owner and your not on that island anymore". "So you know where Adventure Bay is?" Ryder asked.

"Yes I do" Carlos said. "Why do you then live in the jungle alone?" Ryder questioned.
"Well, it all began when I was hiking with my parents" Carlos started.

Carlos's Story

"I love the jungle" Carlos said, "if I was able to live in it, I would". "The jungle is very beautiful but I wouldn't want to live in it. It's too lonely" his mother said. "Lonely? Don't you see how many animals are here" Carlos said.
Suddenly the small family walked into a tiger. Carlos's parents grabbed their guns.

"Don't kill it!" Carlos yelled. The tiger roared in aggression. He bared his long white fangs and extended his claws.
Suddenly a giant bear came out of the thick greenery. He grabbed Carlos's father and bit his head off.

"NO!" Carlos screamed in panic and horror. Carlos's mother shot the bear in it's arm. The bear roared out of pain, but he only got more fierce and dangerous. The bear swatted his giant paw at Carlos's mother, killing her instantly.

"My parents!" Carlos cried. The tiger leaped onto Carlos and was about to kill him. "Please, don't kill me" Carlos said in immense fear.
Then the tiger remembered that Carlos told his parents not to kill him.
He got off of Carlos but then the bear came at the young boy. The tiger fought the bear to protect Carlos.

He clamped his strong jaws on the bear's throat and snatched the life away from the big beast.

From that day on, Carlos decided to live in the jungle with his tiger friend, who he called Fang. He also made many other animal friends.
Carlos still visited Adventure Bay whenever he needed a break from seeing greenery everyday.
End Of Story

"That must've been so hard to deal with. Both of your parents being killed right infront of you" Ryder said. "It was the hardest thing I had to see. But Fang was always there for me, even though he can't talk, he always made me happy. And he still is my friend until now" Carlos said.

"Living in the jungle with animals seems like a very peaceful life" Skye said. "It is and that's why I love living here in my cabin with all my friends" Carlos said.
"Carlos, if you know where Adventure Bay is, could you please take us there?" Ryder asked. "Why not?" Carlos said.
Ryder and Skye got to know Carlos better and better as they told each other stories of things that happened in their lives.
They stood in the cabin until the storm was over.
🐾🐾🐾🐾