Chapter 11

CHASE and Marshall awoke when the golden shine of the sun made it's way into the garage. "Good morning Chase" Marshall yawned.
"Good morning Marshall" Chase said. Chase stretched out his limbs and yawned loudly.
"How are we gonna get breakfast?" Marshall asked. "I don't know" Chase said, "maybe we can take a walk around and see if anyone offers us food".
"Chase, I don't think that's a great idea" Marshall said. "Animal Control could capture us or someone could just pick us up from the street and adopt us".

"Your right" Chase said, his stomach starting to growl with hunger. "I need something to eat though. My appetite has been getting bigger lately". Chase had grown a lot over time.
He and Marshall were around the same age and size. (Chase and Marshall are almost as big as they are in the PAW Patrol episodes and movie. They're just a tiny bit smaller)

"Let's go to the window and call for Ryder" Marshall said. "Alright, I guess we can try that" Chase said. Chase and Marshall ran toward the foster home that was only a few feet away. While running on the grass, Marshall tripped over a stone and went flying.

"Marshall!" Chase said. Marshall crashed into the wall of the foster house and then fell to the grass. "Are you okay?" Chase asked in concern for his friend.
"I'm okay" Marshall said, shaking the dizziness from his head. "Hey pups" a sudden voice said. Chase and Marshall looked up and saw Ryder looking out of the window. "Ryder!" they both barked.

"Everyone is still sleeping in this nasty foster home" Ryder said. "How is it living with so many strangers?" Marshall asked.
"Marshall, don't ask him questions like that. It makes him feel sad, hurt, and sick" Chase said. "Oh, I'm sorry" Marshall said, looking at his paws.

"It's alright Marshall" Ryder said. "I just don't like being reminded that I'm living in a home filled with strangers, I don't have my parents who once loved me, I don't have my comfortable home, I don't have my friends, but despite me loosing everything, I still have one thing".

"What is it?" Chase asked. "Is it your iPad?" Marshall asked. "Or your favorite book?" Chase questioned. "Or your favorite hair-gel?" Marshall said. "Or your favorite...I don't know" Chase said. "Silly pups" Ryder laughed. "I have you guys".

"Oh, why didn't we think of that?" Marshall said. Ryder climbed out of the window and jumped onto the grass.
"I have you guys, the most important thing in my life" Ryder said. "It's us three against the world, against the obstacles that life throws at us and we must stick together and never break apart. When I lived with my parents, I had nothing to worry about.
Now I don't have parents who will love, care, support, and protect me. It's time for me to fend for myself but I'm not alone. I have my amazing pups with me. Together we will face everything that life throws in our way.
And in the end, we will come out with success. I promise you guys that it won't be long before we're out of Adventure City. I'm working on a plan but it has just begun to build up" Ryder explained.

"It's us three against the world" he said. "Yes! One boy and two pups, ready to face anything!" Chase said. "Ryder, thank you so much for adopting me. I couldn't have asked for a better owner. And not only are you my owner, your everything to me" Marshall said.

"Marshall, you don't have to thank me" Ryder said. "When I first saw you and heard your name, I felt that I was meant to adopt you and you were meant to be my pup.
We have a great destiny, pups. I know it, I can feel it".

"How can you know that we have a great destiny?" Chase asked. "I'll tell you another time. Right now everyone should be getting up soon so I better get going. I don't want Harley to find me out here" Ryder said.
"Ryder, I'm hungry" Chase said. "Me too" Marshall said. "Ohhh, I forgot. I started talking and forgot that I had got you guys breakfast" Ryder said.