Chapter 2

SCHOOL week flew by so quickly, Ryder felt like he had that bad school yesterday. That was possibly the worse day of his life. Fortunately for him, that embarrassing day was long forgotten by everyone, by his parents, his friends and the kids at his class. Ryder was no longer in the center of gossip anymore, the kids had stopped talking about him. Much to his relief, Ryder was doing better in school and wasn't letting that dream get to him.
Unlike many dreams that normally fade from your memory, that one specific never seemed to fade from Ryder's mind.

In Foggy Bottom, Mayor Humdinger's plan was in good progress, thanks to Harold. During the past week, he had a very difficult time trying to build just one drone.
He never even built it right, the drone ended up exploding in the room Mayor Humdinger had his kittens construct. So he had asked Harold for help but Harold said he would have to agree to his deal. Mayor Humdinger reluctantly agreed because he really needed the help and he had no other choice.

So he accept Harold's deal and Harold offered a helping hand. During the week, 50 drones were built successfully and tested, all thanks to Harold. Mayor Humdinger barely put any work or effort in the plan.
By Friday, which was Ryder's last school day, 5 more drones were built, making a total of 55 spy drones.
When the afternoon came in, all 55 drones were sent to Adventure City. The drones were all programmed to computers and a high-tech controlling system designed by Harold. Harold spent most of his day in the room, checking on the drones and controlling them from the high-tech controlling system.

Mayor Humdinger chose to search Adventure City because something deep down was telling him that the boy he believed exist, lives in Adventure City.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

Ryder's favorite day of the week was finally here, Saturday. On Saturday, Ryder was totally off from school and homework. He always saved his Friday homework for Sunday, the last day of off.

The sun was high in the sky and full morning was here. But the streets weren't busy and not many people were out and about. Mostly everyone in Adventure City was sleeping away the morning, expect for one.
Ryder was eager to get out of bed and start his day. He checked his alarm clock and saw that it was 10:00am.
"Time to get this day rolling" Ryder said. Once he took a refreshing shower, washed his hair and brushed his teeth, Ryder changed into some clean clothes.

He put on a normal white t-shirt and dark blue pants, then he combed up his hair with gel. Before Ryder could head downstairs for breakfast, his phone made a ding sound.
He checked to see who texted him.
It was one of his best friends. Ryder clicked on WhatsApp and then on his friend's chat.

Friend: Hi Ryder, what's up?

Ryder: Hey Jack, I'm fine. What's going on with you?

Jack: I'm great. I just texted you to let you know that we're not having basketball game today like we normally do.

Ryder: What? Why?

Jack: Today we're all going to a see a pup-race!

Ryder: Wow! That's so cool!

Jack: We decided to do this for you, since we know you love pups.

Ryder: Thanks buddy. Is Oliver and Avery coming?

Jack: They didn't really like the idea of canceling our basketball game, especially Avery. But I convinced and they ended up agreeing to come along.

Ryder: Thanks bro again. I can't wait to see the pup-race.

Jack: You're welcome, meet up at the fruit shop down the street. You have be there by 2:00pm.

Ryder: No prob. I gotta go, my mom is calling me for breakfast.