Prologue

First Time Reader (FTR) or Re-Reader (RR)

"PAW PATROL to the Lookout" Ryder called. The PAW Patrol pups were out in the pup-park playing, when their pup-tags flashed its' lights. "Ryder needs us!" they all said, racing to the Lookout immediately. The pups piled in the elevator and up they went to the mission room. When the elevator stopped and the door opened, the pups jumped out, lining up in formation. "Ready for action, Ryder sir!" Chase barked. "Thanks pups" Ryder said, clicking a button on his pup-pad. A large screen came down and Ryder looked to it.

"Captain Turbot's flounder is sinking in the bay and fast. He is far out on sea. We need to hurry before the flounder submerges under water" Ryder explained, while the pups stared at screen which showed Captain Turbot's flounder sinking. "For this rescue I'll need, Zuma" Ryder said. "If the flounder has already sunken by the time we get there, use your buoy so that Captain Turbot has something to float". "Ready set, get wet!" Zuma said.

"Skye, I'll need you to search for the flounder from up high" Ryder said. "Let's take to the sky!" Skye squeaked, performing a back flip. "Rocky, I need you to find a piece of metal from your truck so that I can patch up the hole in the flounder" Ryder said.
"Don't loose it, reuse it!" Rocky said.
"Alright, PAW Patrol is on a roll!" Ryder said, running to his pole and sliding down. Skye, Rocky and Zuma took the slide, sliding down into their vehicles.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

"Ryder! Your gonna be late for school!" a sudden voice came. Ryder who was only eight, jumped from his sleep and dream. He looked around in confusion, unsure of where he was. "Oh, that was just a dream" he said. "Looks like someone was dreaming" his mother said, "get ready for school and then come downstairs for breakfast".
Once Ryder's mother left his room, Ryder threw aside the his light blue quilt and stepped out of bed. "What a weird dream that was" Ryder said, stretching his arms in the air.

Ryder took a quick yet refreshing shower. He then put on his favorite outfit—a red t-shirt with the letter R in blue, printed on the center of the shirt which stands for Ryder. He also put on his favorite dark blue pants, then brushed up his brown hair with hair-gel. Once Ryder finished cleaning himself up, he went downstairs into the kitchen.

The minute he entered the kitchen, an appetizing aroma of sizzling bacon drifted into his nose. Not only did it smell of bacon, there was the scent of fresh coffee steaming in the coffeemaker and bread toasting in the toaster.
"Mmm, smells good in here" Ryder said, inhaling the many smells floating around the kitchen.

"Today I decided to do something different instead of always cereal, bagels, or peanut butter and jelly" Ryder's mother said. She grabbed a spatula and flipped some smoked bacon into a white ceramic plate, along with eggs and toast. She then poured some orange juice in a glass and served Ryder his breakfast. Ryder's father was at work, so it was only the two of them eating at the dining table.

Ryder's mother noticed that Ryder was spaced out so she decided to snap him out it. "Psst" she tried to grab his attention. Ryder immediately shook his thoughts from his head. "Sorry mom, did you say something?" he said.
"I didn't say anything, you were just spaced out. Are you okay?" his mother asked. "Of course...I'm fine" Ryder said. "Don't space off during class. That would be embarrassing" his mother laughed.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

Ryder waited outside for the school bus. While waiting, his mind drifted off to the dream he had. "How great would it be to be leader of a rescue team. Especially a team made up of speaking pups" Ryder thought.
Suddenly the honking of the school bus threw Ryder out his thoughts. The bus came to a halt, and Ryder got in. He took no notice of the other kids, even his friends. Ryder sat down on a seat and stared out of the window. As the bus drove off from his home, Ryder's mind started sinking once again in deep thought. But he immediately shook his head.

"I need to stop thinking about that dream. It just a dream, it won't come true. It will never come true" Ryder told himself silently. The bus made a clean turn on the street of Adventure City, then it pulled over at school.

The kids came torrenting out, Ryder being the last to come out. As he walked toward the school's entrance with the other kids, he reminded himself not to sink into thoughts while in class. "Ryder, you better not embarrass yourself at school" he told himself, as he entered the school building.

Despite how many times he reminded himself, Ryder's mind eventually floated away from reality. This resulted in some bad and embarrassing consequences. Ryder missed out on the most important parts of class. And when the teacher asked him a question, she had to ask him twice for he didn't hear her the first time. Not only that, but Ryder got his answers wrong for most of questions.

Things only got worse for him. The kids started whispering to one another and laughing at Ryder. Ryder felt like he just wanted fade away. He was so embarrassed and upset with himself for letting some ridiculous dream get the best of him.

As the school's bell signaled the end of another school day, Ryder hurried and packed up his books. He didn't even take a moment to say hi to his friends. While rushing out, Ryder could hear the kids gossiping about him. "What a shame! The best student in class gets all his answers wrong! How is that being the best student?" a kid said.
"Ryder did very good in class. His mom is going to be proud of him" another kid sarcastically said.

"Ryder's embarrassed!" some kids chanted. "Why is this happening to me?" Ryder thought. "Oh yeah, I know why. You let some silly dream distract you. Good job Ryder".
🐾🐾🐾🐾

Ryder knocked on the door to his house, and his mother immediately opened the door. "Hello Ryder" she greeted, "how was school?". Ryder stood quiet for a moment. He wasn't the type to lie about anything and he never liked to lie anyways. But he didn't know what to tell his mother. He didn't want to tell her that he messed up in class over some dream.

"Uh....it was fine as usual" Ryder said, immediately heading upstairs to his room. He didn't want to hear anything his mom. "Hmm" his mother said, not believing him. Though Ryder never lied, his mom didn't seem to believe him. She could tell in his tone that he was lying and hiding something that he didn't want to tell her.

Ryder shut the door to his room and threw his backpack to the corner. "This is worse day of my life" he said. Then his white iPad came into view, which was sitting on the table besides his bed. Ryder grabbed it and sat down on his bed. He clicked on YouTube and decided to watch something. Ryder always had an interest in construction and engineering, as well as an interest in rescue dogs.

His parents thought it was odd to have two very different interests. Ryder decided to watch videos of rescue dogs.
Before his mother could go upstairs to Ryder's room, her phone started ringing. "Huh? Who's calling me?" she said, pulling out her phone from the pocket in her pants.
"Ryder's teacher?" she said, raising an eyebrow. "Hello" she said, answering the call.

Five minutes later, Ryder heard knocking on his door. "Can I come in?" his mother asked. "I already know what's this about" Ryder muttered. "Sure" he said.
His mother walked in and sat on his bed. "So?" Ryder said. "Well, your teacher just called me to say that you didn't do good in class. Why is that?" Ryder's mother said. "You never mess up in class, this is probably your first time. The teacher said that you looked like you were daydreaming".

"I wasn't daydreaming. I was dozing off because I am really tired" Ryder lied. "I didn't sleep well last night because I was up watching on YouTube".
"Why were you up? You know school nights aren't hanging out nights" his mother said. "I'm sorry" Ryder said, "but I promise that I won't stay up at night anymore. I will go to sleep and do better in class tomorrow".
"You better do so, I don't want to take your iPad from you" his mother said. "I will" Ryder said.

Ryder wasn't happy at the fact that he lied today. He did sleep last night and he wasn't up on YouTube. But Ryder didn't want to tell his mother that he let some silly and ridiculous dream get the best of him.
He didn't know how his mother would react to him telling her that. Although Ryder thinks his dream is just silly and won't ever come true, the truth is; that dream is going to change his life forever. While Ryder looks like a normal young boy from the outside, he has something special in the inside. Deep down in the depths of his heart and soul, Ryder contains a potential and power so great, he is yet to discover.
_______________________________________________

🐾If you liked the starting to this story, please don't forget to comment and vote. Your support means everything to me🐾