Chapter 9

"WE found a foster home for you" Jessie said. Ryder's body was suddenly paralyzed by what he just heard. His heart was beating so fast and hard and his body was trembling.
Ryder just stared at his parents. "A-are you guys serious?" he asked in a shaky voice. "Yes, we're serious. Because of you, we have lost our lives. Our money, our business, our home, our reputation, and everything we once had" James said.

Ryder's eyes were swelling up in tears. "After you got that pup, you really changed" Jessie said, "I don't know what that pup has done to you". "We don't have time to sit around. Start packing up your stuff" James said.
"You can't do this!" Ryder cried, tears streaming from his eyes.

"You took our life from us, RYDER!" James yelled at his son. "I promise I won't ever do anything like what I've done! I promise!" Ryder said, his legs trembling from how nervous and scared his was.
"Ryder, we don't care! Go pack up your stuff right now!" Jessie said. "I'm not going to a foster home!" Ryder said.
"Pack. Up. Your. Stuff!" James said. "At least give me a chance to change myself, make up for everything I've done, and apologize!" Ryder begged.

"Your apology won't give us what we once had!" Jessie said. Ryder didn't know what else to say. He went upstairs and walked into his room. "My life was once sweet. I had a comfortable home, I had loving parents, I had friends, and then my life got sweeter when I got Chase" Ryder thought.
"Now my life has turned upside down. I don't have my comfortable home, I no longer have loving parents, I'm gonna lose my friends, and now I'm gonna live in a foster home with a whole bunch of other kids".

Ryder's heart was being ripped apart and his eyes were flooding tears. "Pack up" James voice came. Ryder turned around to see his father standing infront of the doorway of his room. "I can't! I don't want to leave!" Ryder cried.

"Pack up" James repeated. Ryder grabbed his backpack and started putting his most important things in it.
"Now to the car" James said. Ryder's vision was blurry as tears made it unclear. A lump formed in his throat as he walked downstairs, out of the house, and into the car.
There was nothing he could do now.

James and Jessie got in the front seats of the car and James started the engine.
Ryder looked at his house once more. "The house I've lived in since I was born" Ryder thought.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

"Chase, are you sure we should just stay here. Ryder hasn't shown up since last night" Marshall said. "Something must've of happened" Chase said.
"What are we gonna do?" Marshall asked. "We're gonna go to Ryder's house and spy on him and his parents. We need to figure out what's going on" Chase said. "Good idea but we can't get caught" Marshall said.

Chase and Marshall made it to the house. As they walked toward the house, Chase noticed that the red Mercedes Benz wasn't anywhere in sight. "Where's the car?" Chase said.
"Maybe they went out" Marshall said. "Let's check the house" Chase said and then started running.

The two pups listened by the door but everything was silent. Chase and Marshall then found a window. Chase leaped onto the window's ledge and looked inside. "What do you see?" Marshall asked from below. "No one is in the house" Chase said.

"How about we take a look around?" Marshall suggested. "Great idea" Chase said. Marshall leaped onto the window's ledge. Chase jumped in the house, followed by Marshall.

Chase and Marshall went upstairs. Chase went inside Ryder's room while Marshall walked inside James and Jessie's room.

"Strange" Chase said, as he looked around. Chase noticed that Ryder's iPad wasn't in his room, his backpack was gone, his favorite clothes were gone, and a lot of his other favorite things were gone also.
"This isn't right" Chase said. Chase left the room and walked into James and Jessie's room where Marshall was.

"I noticed that all of Ryder's favorite things were gone" Chase said. "Even his iPad".
"That's weird" Marshall said.
Chase scanned Ryder's parents' room. But nothing was missing. "This isn't right. How could Ryder's favorite things be missing? Where did they go? What is happening to Ryder?" Chase said, starting to panic.

"We have to look for him but where do we start?" Marshall asked. "Let's ask Ryder's friends. Maybe one of them know something" Chase said.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

After an hour drive out of the neighborhood, James pulled over at a big house.
"Here we are" James said. "I don't want to live there! I want to stay with you guys!" Ryder cried. "You took our life away from us, it's time to take your life away from you" James said.
"What goes around comes around" Jessie said.

"NOOOO!" Ryder cried, tears streaming from his eyes. Then a mean looking lady opened the door to the foster home.
"Well hello" the lady said. "Hi Harley, you can take Ryder" Jessie said. "Mom! Dad! You can't do this!" Ryder cried.
Harley walked toward Ryder and grabbed his arm. "Come on, let's take you to your new home" she said. "That's not my home!" Ryder said. "Bye Ryder" James said. "We're going to replace you with a new baby and it's going to be a girl" Jessie said.

Ryder watched his parents get in the car and drive off. He had no choice but to follow the lady into the foster home.
Ryder entered the foster home and looked around. There were kids everywhere, some playing, some cleaning, and some kids bothering other kids. The place was noisy and crowded. "Welcome to your new home" Harley said.

"I'm gonna show you where your gonna sleep" the lady said. Ryder followed her to a bedroom where there were many other kids in it.
"Your gonna sleep on this small mattress" Harley said, pointing to a mattress on the floor that was near a window.
Ryder didn't say anything. He was kinda confused about what to do now. So many emotions were whirling up in his heart. He couldn't even sort out how he was feeling.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

"Do know anything of what happened to Ryder?" Chase asked Jack. Chase and Marshall had went to Jack's house to ask him if he knew anything about Ryder.
"I do know that Ryder's parents called my parents and told them about what he did last night. They told them everything about their situation and they said......your not gonna believe this" Jack said.

"What did they say?" Chase asked. "He's going to live in a foster home" Jack said.
"Your kidding, Ryder's parents wouldn't do that" Chase said. "I'm serious. You can ask Oliver and Avery. Mostly everyone in this neighborhood knows about what Ryder has done and that he's going to a foster home" Jack said.
"The news is out on the newspaper".

"We have to find Ryder right now! Do you know which foster home he's going to?" Chase asked. "I know it's out of this neighborhood but I don't know exactly which one" Jack said.
"How are we gonna find him?" Marshall asked. "I have an idea" Chase said.

"What's your idea?" Marshall asked. "Ryder must've took his iPad with him because when we went to the house, I didn't see his iPad in his room. I know that he has WhatsApp on it" Chase said. "Jack, can you please text Ryder and ask him which foster home he's in?".

"I don't want to get involved with this mess" Jack said. "Please Jack, I really need to know where is he" Chase said.
"Please" Marshall pleaded. "Alright, this will be the only thing I'll do" Jack said, taking out his phone from his pocket.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

Ryder was sitting on his bed, staring off into space. So many thoughts were in his mind, he couldn't concentrate. What made it even worse, he was feeling so many different emotions at once.
Suddenly his iPad made a ding sound. Ryder looked at the screen and saw that it was Jack.

Jack: Hey Ryder, do you know which foster home your in? Your pups want to know because they trying to find you.

After reading the message, Ryder remembered his pups. "My pups, Chase and Marshall" Ryder said, remembering his adorable pups.
Ryder texted Jack and told him the address.
Jack then told the pups.

"Thank you Jack! Thank you so much!" Chase said. "Yeah, thank you" Marshall said. "Your welcome" Jack said. "Come on Marshall, let's find Ryder" Chase said.
🐾🐾🐾🐾

Ryder put his iPad back in his backpack. "Look who's sad and looking miserable" a sudden voice came, with a sneering laugh following.
_____________________________________

🐾If you enjoyed this chapter, please don't forget to comment and vote. Your support means everything to me🐾