Chapter 32

A month had past since Ryder left to Barkingburg. The pups were really missing him and Ryder was really missing his pups.
Chase had been leading the PAW Patrol like a real leader. He led them into success on every rescue. Ryder was so proud of his pup.

Meanwhile in Barkingburg, during the past month, Ryder had been endlessly working everyday on the new equipment and gadgets.
There were days he felt like he was going to die from how tired he was.
But he had no choice. Firstly, it was the PAW Patrol's job to rescue and save. Secondly, he had promised the Princess that he would save her royal throne and crown.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

It was the first day of the second month. Ryder stretched out in his bed and yawned. Last night when he spoke to his pups, he told them that he was so tired of working everyday.
They said that he really needed a relaxation day, if not he was going to explode.

Ryder was unsure about that. But he knew that he needed it desperately. So Ryder told the pups that he would relax just for tomorrow.

Ryder got out of bed and walked out of his bedroom. He went in the bathroom, took a shower, brushed his teeth, changed into his PAW Patrol outfit, and combed up his hair.

Then he went downstairs to the royal dining room. "Good morning Ryder" Princess said. "Morning Princess and Earl" Ryder said, taking a seat at the table.
"Ryder, I was thinking you should take a day off today. You've been working in that garage every single day and almost for the entire day" Princess said.

"It's funny you say that. My pups told me the same thing last night" Ryder laughed. The Princess giggled. "I decided that I will relax today. I really need it" Ryder said.
"That's great! Would you like to go to some of my favorite places in Barkingburg?" Princess asked.

"That sounds like fun. I've never really been around Barkingburg before" Ryder said.
"We can go during the afternoon. What do you say?" Princess asked.
"Sounds good to me" Ryder said.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

The butler served them breakfast. After breakfast, Ryder spent his morning watching a movie in his bedroom.
When the afternoon hit, he washed up and changed into some nice clothes. Ryder wore dark blue pants, a dark green t-shirt and he decided to slip on a black leather jacket.

He walked to the mirror in his room. "Looking cool" he said. Ryder met the Princess downstairs at the castle exit.
The Earl was coming also and so was Sweetie.

"I like your leather jacket" Princess said. "Thank you" Ryder said. "Let's go now" Earl said.
"So where are we going first?" Ryder asked. "You'll see when we get there" Princess said.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

They arrived on a horse ranch where people were riding horses. "Welcome to Barkingburg's Horse Ranch" Princess said.
"It's where people come to ride horses" Earl said. "Wow!" Ryder breathed, seeing the people riding horses.

"This is entertaining to watch" he said, as he leaned on the fence. "Watch? Your going to ride a horse" Princess said.
"That's pawsome!" Ryder said calmly. "Wait?! WHAT?!" his brown eyes widened.
"Your going to be riding a horse" Princess giggled.

"You know I can't ride horses" Ryder said. "With a little practice, you'll get the hang of it" Princess said. A rancher opened the fence and Princess pushed Ryder into the riding area.
The rancher closed the fence.

Ryder looked around nervously. The rancher brought Ryder a black horse. He then put a cowboy's hat on Ryder and handed him a cowboy's neckerchief.

Ryder tied the neckerchief around his neck. "You guys are just gonna watch me? Your not going to ride also?" Ryder questioned.
"I always ride the horses. Today I'll just watch you ride the horse" Princess leaned on the fence.

Ryder looked at the black horse and took in a deep breath. "You can do it Ryder!" Earl cheered.
"What kind of hero can't ride a horse?" Sweetie said to herself.

Ryder mounted the horse and pulled the reins. The horse reared up and neighed. Then it started running around the riding area.
"Ahhhhh!" Ryder screamed, trying to stop the horse.
Princess and Earl were laughing so hard. Ryder gripped the reins tightly so he won't fall off. "This isn't fun!" he said.
"You're gonna get use to it" Princess said, "keep practicing".
🐶🐶🐶🐶

Ryder continued practicing riding the horse. The Princess was right. He started getting the hang of controlling the horse.
The black horse reared up and started neighing. "Yeehaw!" Ryder said.

"Cowboy Ryder!" Princess cheered. Ryder spent the evening riding the horse. After riding around the ranch, Ryder was tired and hungry.
The rancher let Ryder keep the cowboy hat and neckerchief.
Ryder decided not to take it off.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

"This is Barkingburg's Dining Palace!" the Earl said. "Princess, can I get a burger? I'm sick of eating yucky puppy food" Sweetie asked.
"Why not, my precious pooch?" Princess said, petting the white pup.
They entered the palace. Ryder's brown eyes widened in awe. The dining palace was so shiny and golden inside.

Everything was shiny, fancy, and so clean. "Wow!" Ryder breathed. Ryder started grabbing the attention of the diners.
"It's Ryder!" one diner said. "Look at Ryder! He's wearing a cowboy's hat!" another diner commented.

"Cowboy Ryder!" a third diner cheered. "Ooh, I love his leather jacket!" a fourth diner commented. "What a handsome cowboy!" a fifth diner said.

"Ummm, why is everyone talking about me?" Ryder asked. "Well, your definitely the center of attraction, especially with what your wearing and who you are" Princess said.
They placed their order and then took a table.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

Waiters brought the food, fresh and sizzling from the fire. Ryder got himself grilled chicken with barbecue on it, a scoop of mash potatoes on the side and a corn on the cob.
He also couldn't miss a glass of cold coke.

The Princess got baked salmon with veggies on the side. The Earl got lasagna. Sweetie got five burgers.

"So, how are you liking your day so far?" Princess asked. "I'm really enjoying myself. I really needed this" Ryder said.
"I happy to hear that" Princess said. "I'm gonna call my pups to see how their doing" Ryder said. "I know you must miss them so much" Princess said.

"If only you knew" Ryder said, taking out his pup-pad from his pocket and calling the pups.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

The pups were in the mission room, just lying around. Chase was laying on Ryder's beanbag, breathing in Ryder's familiar scent.
"I know I'm saying this for like the billionth time, but I really really miss Ryder" Chase said.

"We all said that billions of times" Zuma said, who was laid out on the floor.

"Hey look! Ryder is calling!" Marshall said, running to the big screen. All of the pups immediately jumped up and started wagging their tails. Marshall tripped on his large paws as he ran to answer the call.
"Oops" Marshall fell to the floor.

Chase dashed in and answered Ryder's call. "Hey Ryder!" all of the pups barked.
"Wow! Look at you!" Skye said. "You look so cool!" Chase said. "I love your cowboy hat!" Rubble commented.

"What are you doing?" Rocky asked. "Well, as I told you guys last night, I'm having a relaxation day" Ryder said, "we went to the horse ranch and I rode a horse" Ryder giggled.

"You rode a horse?! That must've been amazing, dude" Zuma said. "It was but in the beginning, it was scary" Ryder laughed.
"Where are you now?" Chase questioned.

"In Barkingburg's Dining Palace" Ryder said, showing the pups around.
"It's beautiful!" Skye breathed. "You must be having tons of fun" Marshall said.
"I am having fun but to be honest, I wish you pups were here with me. Then I would be having tons of fun" Ryder said.

"We miss you so much Ryder. Everyday, we say that a billion times" Chase said.
"I think about you guys all day. But don't worry, we only have one more month to go. Let's get through it and then we're going to be reunited again" Ryder said.

"I can't wait for that day!" Rocky barked. Ryder and the pups continued talking for a bit more.
🐶🐶🐶🐶

Darkness embraced Barkingburg. Ryder, the Princess, the Earl and Sweetie returned to the castle. Ryder washed up and then got in his bed.
He was looking forward to working in the garage tomorrow. This one day of relaxation gave him a new energy and eagerness.