"First of all I have all my stuff in the G-Wagon so I am heading straight to Wanda's. Second of all, you do too." She flips me off so I poke my tongue out at her.

"You're such a child sometimes." 

"Well I am only 22." I place my hands in front of me, swaying my body left to right in a childlike manner.

"Oh yeah, I know." She laughs as I scoff.

"What's that meant to mean?"

"Nothing, nothing at all." She smirks at my grumbling.

"You're just jealous."

"Of what?" 

"That I'm 15 years younger than you." She hits me in the chest offhandedly.

"Actually only 14. I don't turn 37 until December 3rd." 

"Oh cool. So what do you want for your birthday?"

"It's literally still October. I just said it's not until December."

"Well I need to have a look around. And I don't know you as well as Wanda so I need to ask the question."

"I don't know. I will think about it. Or just ask Wanda." 

"You know she will just shrug her shoulders and say 'I don't know what you think'. Right?"

"That's a you problem not a me problem."

"It becomes a you problem when you don't get a birthday present." 

"Fine I will have a think and get back to you. Okay?"

"It's better than saying nothing." 

"Anyway. Go home to the wife and kids and leave me alone." I hold my hands up in mock surrender as she starts to nudge me out to the exit of the gym.

"She's not my wife, yet." 

"I don't care. You act like a married couple sometimes."

"I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing."

"It's a good thing."

"Okay." 

I go to say something else but Natasha's phone rings as she holds up a finger telling me to wait just a second. As she answers it I hear a muffled voice speaking Russian on the other end but try not to invade her privacy, especially when she speaks back to them in Russian. She gives me an apologetic look before turning to speak on the phone again.

"Let me put you on hold." She presses a button on her phone, covering the mic as she turns back to me.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah, just my parents. So text me when you get back from Canada and we can organise our gym routine."

"Coolio. I will see you later."

"See you later, bear. Oh also I forgot to say this yesterday but you hurt those boys and Wanda I hurt you. Capeesh."

"Capeesh." She gives me a smile as she moves in for a small hug before she remembers she is on the phone. "See you later, bear."

"See you soon black widow." She flips me off from behind as she starts to walk in the other direction.

I lift my gym bag over my shoulder properly as I make my way to the parking lot, chucking my bag into the back of the G-Wagon before climbing into the driver's side. I turn the ignition to start warming the car up. I may be hot and sweaty from the gym but the cold of autumn in New York is a painful contrast. I pull out my phone laughing at the message I see from Wanda.