62

After the whole "on the road again talk" with Niall,I was very,very sad.I couldnt possibly leave my baby all alone in Ireland.

I just couldn't.But I had to.Well,he wont be alone - he'll have Maura and Bobby,if that isnt enough.I sound so freaking ungrateful ugh.

I am about to walk out towards Collin's room from coming downstairs,and I hear Niall's voice.I step down so my back is against the wall that leads into the living room.I listen,interested.

"Mum,dad,I've got to ask you both something,"

"Of course,Niall.What is nagging you?" Maura asks,concerned.

I slowly turn and peek slightly over the wall.Niall has his back towards me,sitting down on the ottoman as Maura and Bobby sit on the opposite couch.

"I need you guys to stay with Collin." He speaks thickly.

Mauras eyes soften and she grabs Bobbys hand.

"Of course.We will be delighted."

Niall nods and takes a deep breath.

"How long,son?" Bobby asks seriously and I am taken aback.

Do they not want to stay with Collin?

What was the problem?

"This is work." Niall says hurriedly and their eyes widen.

"So for a while," Maura whispers sadly.

I am about to jump out from my spot when Niall starts to speak.

"I know Amber and I wont be here for a while,and he wont have...parents...but you guys are the best thing after us.I trust you guys with everything.I hate myself for leaving Collin,but in order to keep him safe,he must stay here."

Maura nods.

"We know.This the best for Collin."

I retreat,moving a bit back.

"If you go out,please do not let him out of your sight.And if anyone asks you about him,you cannot tell him he is mine.Also,do not let Collin speak to anyone outside this house.Its too risky,and Collin is too friendly and naive to see danger,"

Maura and Bobby nod and smile lightly.

"We got it." Maura says lowly.

"Okay...and another thing," Niall asks,and seems hesitant.

Maura becomes frightened from his hesitation and moves close to him,grabbing his hand.

"Tell me,Niall.I am here to help you,sweetheart,not hurt you,"

Niall nods and he sighs.

"Mum,dad,what do you think about Amber?"

Maura lets out a relieved laugh and Bobby follows.

"Oh dear,shes wonderful.Absolutely beautiful and kind.Very smart too.She is perfect." Maura says and hugs him sideways.

My stomach warms and my heart fills with joy.

They like me.

"Yes,son.She is very special.You hold onto her," Bobby adds with a smile.

"Yeah,about that," Niall says and ckears his throat.

He sounded like something was wrong,something was bothering him.

"I-Mum,Dad...I want to marry Amber." He says softly.

I cover my mouth and push my back up against the wall as I listen to Maura exclaim with happiness and Bobby to congratulate him.

"But this is the thing...we will get married on our own.With work and all-"