38: A Great Teacher

"Alright....BLOCK!" Kyōjurō suddenly orders and then lunges for you.

Shit, he moved so fast that you didn't have time to blink, let alone move as you yelp and stumbled to raised your weapon above your head─just as his made contact.

"Again!"

He rears back and lunged forward with a strike again and lifted your pole again to block it.

"Again!!"

He comes at you again─and you're ready this time. You drop down a little and lifted your pole, stopping his attack perfectly as it makes contact.

Had he have put his full strength behind it, you knew without a doubt that he'd probably snap the wood in your hands clean in half.

"Yes! Perfect! Masterfully done, my love! Now you're getting the hang of it." He praised.

"Really?" You asked.

Kyōjurō nods, "it would've seems we've found the perfect weapon for you. Now, let's advance─try to counterattack!" He says.

Kyōjurō comes at you again without warning and you duck to the side. You two continue like that for a while, with you stopping each of his attacks or dodging out of the way.

"Counterattack!!" He yells and goes for another swift strike, which takes you aback─but you managed to block it and counter with a quick jab to Kyōjurō's broad chest.

His eyes widen in surprise─knowing that if you were using a real naginata, you would've landed a fatal strike.

"Got you!" You say with a small grin.

Kyōjurō glances down at your weapon and then back to you. He smiles as though impressed or rather─amused. There's definitely pure mischief shining in his golden red eyes like a shroud.

Oh... That can't be good!

You swallow thickly as unease blooms in the pit of your stomach as you tried to stay focus and not be distracted of the fact that he's shirtless.

You wanted to take this seriously─yet you're not sure of what's about to happen or what he's planning? But judging by the heated look he's giving you; you knew he's got some kind of trick up his sleeve.

Suddenly, his eyes narrow on you, reminding you of a predator ready to attack its prey.

He moves and you quickly tried to back away─but your wooden weapon is caught by a powerful grip.

Kyōjurō yanks on it and effortlessly pulls you into him. You yelp as your body slams against his and strong arms wrapped around your waist.

"Now, it is I who's got you!" He smirks, causing you to blush at his close proximity.

A rush of uneasiness, mixed with excitement, goes through you.

You love this─you love being close to him, but then you remember something...

Senjuro and Muichirou are still present and were watching the two of you!

As though sensing your very thoughts, Kyōjurō eventually let's you go─releasing your staff, before proceeding with your training.