Epilogue

Adalina Salvatore

I sat on my throne with a crown so powerful I had the whole country on their knees. The metallic gold straps of my dress fell loosely down the cape of my shoulders making the white of my corset shined under the morning light. I watched the satin skirt slid off my skin as I gracefully swung my right leg on top of my left.

Three years fast forward and the kingdom still hadn't been burned into ashes. All was well and my life couldn't be more like a fairytale.

Staring down at the court meeting, I looked through the new younger faces whom I expected nothing but the best and most loyal. Respect and pride glinted across their eyes as they stood before me in their uniforms. But, it was the mass of shiny blond that caught my eyes.

I felt my stomach churched with nerves as I spied a returning duke. I cocked my head the same time he flashed those green eyes at me, a small smile playing across his face that looked so much better than the last time I saw him. His choices sucked but he had been redeeming himself for the last three years working with me from afar being England ambassador around the world.

We weren't best friend. Blaze and I had a long way to go but I knew we were going to be fine living amongst each other in the same world.

He tipped his head down in a bow after the long stare down. I watched him and grinned to myself while he started whispering jokes with his boyfriend whom earned a spot as one of my advisors. I would never held love against anyone.

The court meeting went on for the rest of the morning and I listened to everything and anything the counsels had to say about what was going on in the kingdom. Their words blurred into stories and I carefully marked down the suitable solutions to my people's problems.

" Your majesty, the farmers are pleading to reduce the taxes on farm lands. Crops are barely growing due to the bad weather and unexpected storms. Sales are going down therefore close to none profits were made. They are truly suffering. We must look further into to this matter immediately. " a young blonde lady spoke.

I nodded my head, gesturing my assistant to note that one down.

Another council raised up his hand then stood to the side, clearing his throat. " Land taxes can surely wait. We have a much greater matter over in politics. Scotland and France are not happy with us right now. I fear we are on a verge of breaking their friendships, your majesty. "

" I just attended their balls last month. We got along fine, you must be mistaken. " I waved my hand in dismissal.

" The king consort canceled three board meetings with them last week because his majesty found the other kings irritating. He even threatened to exile me if I keep bothering him about it. " the council explained stressfully while I was dying inside with laughters.

Speaking of the devil, his spawn came running on his little feet through the courtroom. A scowl settled on his face and everyone parted way for my grumpy prince. I cocked an eyebrow at my three years old son and put away my empty teacup when he stomped his way up the five staircases to my throne.

" Mommy. " he greeted blankly then started climbing on my laps. He tucked his face in the crook of my neck and sighed like the world was so utterly boring and it exhausted him.

My whole heart melted. Beside his father I didn't think I could love anything more but here he was. Cameron Thane Hasting Salvatore was the light of my light and without him I would be forever lost.