52. never your family

Eden Salvatore

" I'll give you a hundred pounds if you let me take this shit off. " I grumbled to the priest beside me, narrowing my eyes at the stupid gold ornaments dangling over my shoulders.

The old man gave me a startled looks because five minutes ago I was staring blankly at him and internally threatening to rip out his vocal cords if he didn't stop talking to me.

But, this was a desperate attempt because I would start burning the whole damn place and the tailors if I had to be in this stupid uniform for another minute of my miserable existence. Why did the universe hate me? Where was my wife?

" Your highness, every crown princes had worn nothing but their uniforms during the crowning ceremony for hundred of years. It is traditional to do so. I'm sure you can endure another-

I sighed, pretending that I was listening to him. His words blurred together into nonsense as I studied the hideous ceremony. It looked like a magical fucked up unicorn land where fairy florists threw up on the whole place with their flowers puke. I swept my gaze around the gigantic room that was filled with colorful giggling and walking marshmallows that were my wife's aunts, cousins and subjects. I wondered what their stylists were thinking. The men were not exactly nice to look at either with their questionable fashion choices. How stupid could a person be to make a fucking tuxedo looked hideous.

Peasants, all of them.

I spied on the front row seat to the right where my family was sitting at looking like they were better than everyone else which wasn't entirely false.

I squinted my eyes at them, silently telling them not to do something stupid like being nice to everyone in here because these fuckers didn't deserve it. My little sister, Bella or as I called her Ella was even here from abroad for the stupid ceremony, sitting between Ace and Elian who were laughing at something she said. I loved my sister but she was not the world greatest comedian. They were mostly exaggerating.

I tried to telepathically tell Elliot to murder the two bastards but like a useless twin he was, the idiot didn't get it and kept blinking at me in confusion.

I sighed and muttered curses under my breath before whispering behind me to Thane to go order my twin brother to go get my wife.

My irritation and deep hatred for the world only grew as time passed and Elliot never came back until someone screamed bloody murder, announcing her arrival. I snapped my head just as the double door was slammed open, revealing my wife.

I diagnosed myself then with fucking SVT or in another words Supraventricular tachycardia where a heart suddenly beat much faster than usual. She might as well knocked me off my fucking feet.

My pretty duty walked in with her shoulders squared and chin up. I stared at her, pathetically starstruck at the unbelievable sight and indescribable feeling. Her eyes shined amongst the crowded room and the smile that was beaming up her face when our eyes clashed was brighter than the fucking sun. I only dared to track my gaze downward after a moment of self pitying because I was doomed forever by her.

And, when she was finally in my arms all I could think about was how I was going to tear that dress right off and burn the damn thing from ashes to ashes.

I didn't take my eyes off of her once as the ceremony started after we exchanged a few pleasantry words. She repeated the oath and did everything the priest told her to while everyone listened in ghostly silence like they were holding their breath, afraid of getting oxygen. It was supposed to be an event of the century or some shit. I could careless.