50. silence before storm

Adalina Salvatore

He looked at me like I was worth looking at, like I was the most fascinating equation and everything he had ever known. Blue eyes and dimpled scowl. He could shoot me in the head right here right now and I would die a happy woman. Yeah, I had it that bad.

" Stay close. " he said above me, pulling me by hip closer to his side.

I tilted my head and playfully smiled at him. I bet he would unzip himself and force me inside if he could or that I let him. " You're clingy tonight. " I teased, scrunching my nose.

" I'm protecting you from the hallway ghosts. " he muttered, looking so bored he might as well die from his own boredom.

No, he wasn't. He was scared someone would jump out and finally did his job right, killing the future queen hours away from her coronation. He was humoring me and I was grateful because my nerves were about to burst right out my chest.

" Or maybe you can't take your wandering hands off of me. " I scoffed when his palm suddenly slid down to my ass.

Eden Salvatore was an ass man and he was shamelessly proud of it. Not that I was complaining. My husband could smack my ass into the next century and I would happily obey.

" Adalina darling, I wouldn't touch you so much if I didn't know you like it as much as I do. " he leaned down and whispered against the side of my face before smacking an aggressive kiss on my cheek.

He was right. I liked his hands, everywhere on me and inside me so I just sighed in defeat and sank deeper into him. I closed my eyes as I inhaled a heavy breath, taking in all scent that was Eden. He smelled like home and sex and a little bit like me, my favorite on him.

I lazily wrapped my arm around his torso and clung onto to him. The palace was dead silent as it always was during the dark hours. I listened to the calming thuds of my bare feet and his as we strolled through the hall under the starless night. I shivered at the chilly wind while it sliced through the thin layers of my dress.

Eden pulled me even closer as he noticed that I flinched against him because he was my walking heater. I stared at him as we fell into a peaceful silence. The irritated crinkles beside his eyes and clenched jaw appeared every time he narrowed his gaze into the dark corner, looking for the dangers that could be lurking around us because we were on a mission to commit the most scandalous thing a future queen and king could ever do.

At least, it was not our idea. Elian, my big and very much alive brother was the master mind behind it all. I was about to see him again for the first time after two decades and I didn't knew how to fucking act.

It wasn't everyday your husband told you he was kidnapped by your dead brother who you barely even remembered and was very much alive and that he knew how to end this miserable chapter of my life except he wouldn't tell us the whole truth because he wanted the genuine effects and a fancy front row seat to see our faces when everything unfold. Being a little shit ran our blood, Eden's words not mine.

Although I almost wanted to kill said brother myself until Eden told me how he looked exactly a younger version of my father. I wanted to see him.

" Addie Grey, you have grown up well. " I heard his voice before I saw his face when the old double door creaked open.

And, there he was. All six feet seven and the sharpest jawline he used to cut through hearts and ice. I blinked back the burning tears as I took a very close look at him like I couldn't believe he was here and the fact that I felt like I had known him my whole life. That boyish grin, I remembered it. I knew it. I remembered a nine years old boy messing up my hair and shoving books into my face.