42. deep inside you

Adalina Salvatore

I was certain that our world wouldn't end in a bang, or with a dagger to our throat, but rather one Salvatore at a time. They were going to grill us alive and they were going to have fun doing it.

Fooling around with Eden was fun and game until we actually had to come to a family dinner an hour later. Didn't think that one through, did I?

But, he was there and he was so fucking hot. Looking like a sex god pressing up against my piano. The pianist in me was living the dream. Sue me.

Everyone was here. All of them. Staring at us. Seth Salvatore sat at the head of the table with a knowing smirk on his lip with his wife, Alana, on his right who looked a little startled. Elliot Salvatore sat next to his mother, staring and grinning. Bastard.

Even Nicholas and Anastasia were back from wherever they disappeared to, sitting on my father in law's left with their kids on their laps.

I looked around the table as my heart pounced into my ribs. My eyes tracked the other end of the table, landing on my parent's amused faces. Fuck my life.

It was awkward, so fucking painful. I wanted to crawl into a hole and stayed in there forever. Away from everyone.

Silence hung in the air. The heavy pause and their unreadable faces. My skin crawled uncomfortably under those weird gazes. No one moved, shit I doubted they were even breathing at this point let alone uttered a single word about what were going on inside their heads.

This was killing me. I bet Eden was enjoying the shit out of this.

I only then shifted my eyes toward him for the first time since we arrived. He was unfazed. I watched him arched an eyebrow at his brothers before dropping his hand from my waist and shoved it into his dress pant pockets. He walked into the room without a flying fuck. Shameless and unbothered.

God, I wanted to punched that man in throat then kissed the shit out of him after.

He rounded the table before stopping just a couple chairs down from his twin brother. He pulled it out and motioned me forward with a stern looks telling me to sit my ass down before he threw me over his shoulder and put me in my place himself. That was hot.

" Did he just pull out a chair for someone other than Alana and Madeline? He's so smitten, Nick. " Anastasia gasped beside her husband. " Am I hallucinating? Smack me. "

" I could smack your ass anytime. " Nicholas whispered back as he covered his daughter's ears while his wife scowled at him.

" I'm sorry, mom. " he turned and smiled innocently at his unamused mother.

" I apologize for our tardiness. " I cleared my throat, stalking toward Eden and took the seat.

" Ah. The honeymoon phase. " my father chuckled, looking at us through the rem of his wine glass. " To be young and in love. "

Kill me, god damn it.

" When can I expect a little prince or princess, Adalina? Your father and I aren't going to live forever. " my mother chimed in.

I avoided their happy faces and the amusement glinting across the Salvatore's grey eyes as they watched Eden slide into the seat next to me, muttering how expensive children were to himself.

He raked a hand through his hair, jerking up the collar of his shirt and giving us a glimpse of the red marks imprinted on his skin across his jaw and down to his neck. I trailed my eyes down to his lips involuntarily, remembering just how sweet he tasted on my tongue. I swallowed. Hard, forgetting the situation we were in for a moment.