17. heaven or hell

Adalina Salvatore

I replayed our conversation a million time over. Every words we uttered were imprinted in my skull and his voices played inside my ears like a never ending song. He had his eyes on me the whole time, there was something about him, about his eyes that calmed my soul. I felt like I could talk to him forever just about anything and everything and he would still understand. I knew he would never judge me or maybe he just didn't give a single fuck. But, still I was glad we talked.

I woke up early at dawn. The sun was still sleeping, the castle was cold, but chirpy birds could be heard from the other side of the wall. I slipped out of bed and glided my way through the long hallway. I stopped in front of his office and twisted the door opened. Just like I had expected, he was there sleeping soundly on the couch in a rather uncomfortable position. Shaking my head, I walked over and grabbed the blanket out of the basket.

I draped it over his body and kneeled beside the couch. He looked so peaceful. I ran my knuckles gently on his face, caressing his cheekbones. I had never seen him like this, clam and vulnerable. A small sigh escaped his throat and I dropped my hand like he burned holes through my skin. He was my husband but I suddenly felt like I was invading his space. I stood up and walked out, closing the door behind me.

Who would have thought, the devil could look so innocent asleep.

Thane greeted me at the other end of the long staircase when I walked down. He bowed his head, offering a hand to help me down. " Good morning, Thane. " I smiled.

" Good morning, your highness. " he gave me a cheeky grin like he knew my biggest crime.

The guy was a rainbow in my husband's dark and gloomy cloud. They were a perfect definition of opposite attract and I totally shipped it.

I narrowed my eyes at him before walking into the kitchen. He silently strolled behind in silence. The chefs weren't here like they always were, Eden really fired them all. I pulled out some ingredients from the fridge, the pot and pan and started cooking. Thane stood there wincing every time I lifted something like he was scared that my stitches would just tear open so my guts could start pouring out. I gave him an unimpressed looks for the hundred time and he just looked away like he did nothing.

The clock hit six am in the morning and like clockwork my husband walked down the stair and entered the dining room. Except he was in his casual attire today, a plain black tee and a pair of grey sweatpants. His hair was a sexy mess like he just ran his fingers through it one million times over. He rocked the whole I rolled straight out of bed looking like this vibes and I was so here for it.

Just when I thought he couldn't be more beautiful than he already was. I was totally fucking simping.

Eden cocked his eyebrow at me weirdly before taking the seat at the head of the table. I gulped almost dropping the plates I was holding in my hands. Thane's chuckles roared across the room as he failed miserably to hold it in behind his knuckles.

I sighed at myself in disappointment all while mentally bitch slapped myself across the face.

The whole horny for my husband fever I got going on needed to stop. But, fuck me. He was right there and he looked like that.

He cleared his throat. " You look weird today. "

Yeah, he was hot alright but he was also cruel, a mean motherfucker. And, still I liked him, all sixty nine shades of him.

" You made breakfast? " he asked as I set down the plates.

I nodded my head before taking the seat next to him. " I did. "