33. nobody's watching

Eden Salvatore

I could see up her skirt. From her tanned leg to her thigh. I wanted to tell her, I felt like I should. But, that long slit in her dress left just enough for the imagination to run wild and at the end of the day I was still a red blooded male and at the moment I seemed to be thinking with my damn dick.

She was here and that was I really cared about. The princess was a sight to behold bloody and all, sitting there on the counter top like she owned my whole world. The inches between us seemed like an ocean apart but I could have sworn that I felt her on me, everywhere in my system.

It was when she winced back at the contact of my fingers brushing her opened wound that pulled me out of the gutter. I heaved out a heavy sigh, mentally smacking myself in the head.

I was becoming my father's son. Theoretically.

Clearing my throat, I tried to keep my eyes focused on her wound as I dabbed it with saline solution until she decided to fucking move. Her exposed leg was pressed directly on my side, hiking up the opened slit of her dress even higher and at this point I could see every fucking thing.

White lace. I took a deep breath in. I wanted to stop looking but she was making it hard.

" Are you okay? " she cocked an eyebrow at me while lazily placing her arms over my neck.

We were close, so close. Her hot breath fanned my face and brushed the bare skin of my neck. Then suddenly all I could think about was touching her. Fuck me.

" I'm not the one dying. I'm perfectly fine. " I grumbled back in response.

She looked at me dead in the eyes. I focused on the needle between my fingers. Push the needle through the skin at 90 degree angle, a centimeter to the right. I chanted in my head. I could still feel her gaze on me as I twisted my hand clockwise pulling the needle through.

" Are you sure? You're so stiff. " she placed her palm on the side of my face.

Christ, could she feel my dick? " Adalina, my darling wife, please shut the fuck up. " I sighed.

The temptation to stab her myself with the damn needle was so strong. I sucked on my breath, trying to calm the fuck down.

She watched me for a moment, narrowing her eyes at me but nodded her head. The conversation changed before silence dawned between us. I tried not to look down and ignored the feeling of her face burying into my shoulder. I placed the bandage over the stitched wound when I finished and stepped away before she could burn me alive. She really could if she wanted to.

I stood to the side while she slithered off the counter and started to undress herself in front of me like it was the most casual thing in the world.

I couldn't think of any better representation of beauty. She was perfection in my memory. I remembered everything. It was the way she held her shoulders, how the lean structure of her neck complimented her collarbones, the uneven roundness of her chest, the way the dips of her stomach led down to the gentle curves of her hips, but it was how she embraced the faint lines laced on her skin that sent my head spinning. Breathtakingly flawless.

" You're staring. " she stated as I reached out to open the drawer of her nightwear.

I wasn't blind and you were too perfect not to look at.

" Put this on before you freeze to death. " I scowled, throwing her a random dress she usually wore to sleep.

She silently slipped into the dress, stumbling back and forth in the process. I didn't move to help her when a small bloodied cloth taped to her in bed thigh came to view. I glanced back up at her face, she was staring into spaces and the liveliness on her face slowly straying away as the medication I gave her kicked in.