13. beauty and the beast

Adalina Salvatore

He looked at me like I was nothing, like he knew my whole life story and hated me for it. His words were like little splinters piercing through my heart. I hated the shit out of him, every ruthless remarks coming out of him burnt through my flesh scorching my bones.

He was coldly unapologetic and so fucking honest, the type of man that I knew would hurt me but pain never been so goddamn inviting.

And, so I dived head first into the darkness of his ocean. It was going to be me drinking every last bits until he was nothing more, or he was going to drown me alive which I knew he would enjoy the fuck out of it.

I gulped down two cups of coffee, it was either consuming caffeine or punching a certain face. The later one was rather tempting but I happened to like his stupid face and he could fight very well, at least with his hurtful words.

It was early in the dawn, six in the morning when he came down the stairs in his black buttoned up shirt tucked into his dressed pants. Fixing a silver Rolex around his wrist, my husband walked into the room with Thane tailing closed behind him. I looked away when he took the seat at head of the table.

" You're up early today. " he cleared his throat before started eating his breakfast right away.

Bad morning to you too, asshole. I looked at him through the hem of my coffee cup and he cocked an eyebrow at me.

" Bold of you to assume I didn't poison your food. " I said, pointing to his plate.

" You're still angry. " he muttered, cutting into his pancakes.

" You're still an asshole. "

" You're being unreasonable. "

" You're being a jerk as always. "

" I know. "

" I hate you. " I glared.

" Feeling's mutual, darling. " he hummed in response.

I hoped he choked on the bloody pancake. I thought glaring daggers at the side of his face. Thane let out a heavy sigh from the door frame as he watched us unamused. I cursed under breath tearing my gaze away from him and finished my coffee.

" Thane, let's go. " I announced, rosing up from the chair.

" Where are you going? " Eden asked not taking his eyes off of his plate.

" To see one of my many lovers behind your back where no one will notice. " I smiled at him sweetly before leaving the room.

Anastasia, my sister in law called last night inviting me to breakfast with her and the most adorable little girl I had ever met, Madeline Rose. Rumors had it she was the only girl who had my heartless husband wrapped around her tiny fingers. I met them a little bit over the wedding arrangement and the actual wedding but we never really got to talk.

The car stopped in front of a small restaurant in the heart of London. Thane made a quick scan around the area before giving me a green light to get out before cameras came running and flashing in my face. I laughed, putting on my shades and got out.

Sitting in a booth at very far end of the restaurant was my sister in law and her daughter. Anastasia looked like a fallen angel in her pretty white sundress and long brown hair. Her hazel shined under the sunlight lightened up every souls that looked into them. I was mesmerized by the she devil in disguise, alright.

Next to her was the most adorable blonde little girl with a pair of grey eyes that could melt your heart if you weren't be careful. The mother and daughter duo narrowed their eyes at me carefully as I slid into the seat in front of them. Placing my purse next to me, I grinned at them in amusement.