54. doomed from the start

Eden Salvatore

Nothing was making fucking sense. Everything around me became so fucking blurry I could barely see. That phone call was going to haunt me for a thousand fucking lives. I hated the oxygen I was breathing in. I hated how I was here when she was somewhere between life and death.

Every heartbeats felt like a knife being twisted inside my chest while my sanity was slipping away.

I ran my hands down my face, glaring at the bright red and blue lights ahead of us. I cursed Elian to stop being a fucking pussy and started driving like a motherfucker. He ignored me and kept his cool manner while muttering orders into his phone because I had lost my mind and didn't remember to call for fucking backups.

Adalina Salvatore, she fucked over my sanity and I fucking love her for that.

I was about a second away from completely going batshit crazy and physically slammed my body into the door and broke out when the pussy finally pulled up in front of the tall gate of our home.

I watched the scenes before my eyes unfolded with a sick feeling inside my stomach. I didn't remember the last I threw up but I sure as hell wanted to right fucking now.

Red lights blinded my sight and the loud siren rang across my eardrum like the world most fucking horrifying sound. I gripped the handle and practically ripped the door open. A billion possibilities ran across my head. Our home was burning and crumbling into a huge pile of craps. My breath hitched inside my throat as I tried to swallow a sickening bile.

Cameras flashed and suddenly the entire fucking population was in my fucking face. I couldn't hear what they were saying because I was focused on running into the smoke show ahead of me. I ran because I could and I didn't give a shit about the dangers. I didn't care if I might die, running straight into burning hell.

I ran because my whole world was in there and nothing could stop me from finding her. Not the paparazzi asking for their queen or about my fucking feeling. Not the policemen shouting in my face, telling me to back off for safety purposes. Not Elian trying to hold me back.

" Stop me from going to my wife again and see how fast I can snap your fucking neck in half. " I growled, physically pushing my way through the crowd.

The castle crumbled all the way to the ground, filling the sky with grey smoke. I didn't realize how I felt about this place until I stood here in the middle of nothing, watching everything that was her and I broke apart into a thousand pieces of stone. This had been our home.

I searched the place among the firefighters and the police department with my nose hidden between my elbow to stop the smoke from collapsing my lungs. I needed to find her not die in th process.

I ran past the piano, stopping a moment to look at the broken piece as memory came flashing back. I should have listened a little more closer the last time she had played.

Shaking my head, I frantically turned my body and headed the other direction. A few walls stood strong on the ground and some were still falling down despite the explosion that shook the whole country an hour ago. I raked my brain trying to outline where the hell I was going without the others losing tracks of me.

But, I couldn't escape the backups Elian had called even if I tried to. Everywhere I turned there were at least a couple of men hanging by, searching and trying to calm the last burning fire. I coughed aggressively behind my knuckles, almost running head first into someone's back. I tried to be annoyed at him to feel something because it was a fucking terrible feeling, that empty emotion when you didn't even know what the fuck were you feeling.