Chapter fifty-seven

Rhislett's POV

After I had done the dishes Scarlett asked me to help her with cleaning the garden. It was very hot out but I wasn't gonna change even tho Scarlett was doing my boxing about changing. " I don't want you getting heat stroke" and I sighed " I'm not changing scarly it's too much effort now please can we just clean." And she sighed in defeat. I was very concentrated on cleaning I hadn't noticed anything around me. " hey bubs" and I jumped up in the air. " ahhhh" I screamed so loud and I fell backwards into the pool. " rhisey!" Scarlett yelled you could hear the worry in her voice. And before I knew it I was surrounded by water. Good thing I knew how to swim. I moved my hair out of my face and gave Chris a dirty look " what the hell was that for!" And he was laughing. " I didn't mean too I swear" he said between laughs. " are you okay little one?" Oh Lizzie's here too. And so is Robert by the cackle I can hear. " yeh I'm bloody amazing." And I swam to the side of the pool to get out. " you're not hurt rhisey?" Scarlett said checking me over. My shirt was now abit see thru so I wanted to change. You couldn't see anything but still. " well at least you don't have to worry about heat stroke now" and she shook her head " you my child I have no words for you." And I shrugged. I grabbed the broom and handed it to Chris " seeing as this is you're fault you can finish cleaning!" And he just gave me an amused smile.

I practically ran into my room and I knew Scarlett was behind me so I grabbed clothes and went into my bathroom. " rhisey are you okay in there." And said after she knocked on my bathroom door and I said " yeh just having to change that's why I'm in here." And I heard what I thought was other footsteps. But while I was changing I noticed that my shirt was more see thru then I thought. I changed into a hoodie and shorts. My legs had always been easy to cover because if someone asked I would just say that I was always clumsy. My back was not believable. I got out of the bathroom and I saw Lizzie and Scarlett sat on my bed. They both were scanning over my body with worried looks. " I'm fine, not hurt just thinking of revenge." And Lizzie patted the space between her and Scarlett so I went and sat in between them. " rhisey you can swim?" And I nodded no knowing where was Scarlett going with this. " so that day why didn't you wanna get into the pool with rose and Harry." And I froze. How tf did she remember that. And Lizzie was also waiting for an answer. " I-I wasn't well." And then Lizzie spoke " little one you know if there is anything you can talk to us. We love you and just want to help." I'm so not saying a fucking word. Nope. I don't like sympathy and I know thats all I'll get. " I just had a headache it was no big deal" I said abit stand off ish which I never did with Lizzie. I stood up and Lizzie was frowning at me and Scarlett looked like she was thinking. " sorry I didn't mean it to come out like that. But it was nothing." And she nodded at me and Scarlett looked at me. " okay then I won't push it. Let's go downstairs." And I sighed. I just put my hood on my head and walked downstairs. Lizzie walked in front of us downstairs like she was giving us some space but space for what? Scarlett looked like she was going to say something but she never did. There is only so many times a person can ignore something.

Everyone was sat around the table after dinner rose was asleep on the sofa because she was tired and refused to go to bed. Scarlett didn't look like she wanted to argue with her so she let her sleep on the sofa. " I don't think I know how you guys actually met" Robert said and Harry started laughing " oh this is a story I love telling" and I groaned because as always the story is embarrassing for me. " okay for once I agree with rhis I hate that story" Isaac said. " well I'm telling it so both of you grow up. We were in nursery and we'll what had happened is Rhislett was playing in the sand and I dunno exactly what I did but I must've done something because she was chucking sand at me. Well I ended up moving out of the way but these two weren't so lucky" and then Peter started " me and Isaac were neighbours so we'd already grew up together. Isa and I did not expect sand on us. And our brothers told us not to take anything from anyone so we turned to see who did it. And then we saw a little Rhislett with a guilty look. She came over and said sorry. And Harry came over too and said sorry. And then we ended up playing together. When I got home I told my mum about them and that I wanted a play date but when we went to school the next day so Maria and my mum could set up a play date they found out from the teachers that these two were in care. Ever since that day these two have always been by our side." And the Isaac spoke " were lucky we got each other. We did everything together mum never wanted to go out without them because she saw them as her own." And I spoke then because aunt Maria was the best thing I had growing up. " she always knew what I was thinking even before I did. She knew what had happened before I even told her. That actually scared me how she knew everything." And then Isaac spoke " she never let us get away with anything did she? She always said that the four of us are a package deal. You want one of us you get all of us." And I smiled. " yeh well that was family. It's all we ever had. Isaacs dad would work over time because anything Isaac got they wanted to make sure we had it too. Same with Peters mum she made sure all four of us had the same thing. So no one felt left out" and when I glanced around I saw a frown on Chris and Scarlett's face. " rhis was our baby sister. Anything she asked for we couldn't say no. We played dolls and mum would love dressing her up in different costumes and doing her hair. My sisters hated it so when she got Rhislett she was happy." Isaac said and I smiled because aunt Maria always treated me like her own. And I'd forever be grateful for her. But She wasn't my mum. My real mum didn't want me. That's what makes seeing her frown at me right now hurt because she don't have any right to be upset. Not when they both decided it. I excused myself because tomorrow was a big day for me. I'm nervous but I think with my family around me I should be okay. And I fell asleep.

Scarlett's POV

Hearing about there childhood upsets me. I don't have any right because I have them up. Mari and peters mum are phenomenal people. I knew they had down so much but the fact that they were mothers to my children when I wasn't just takes the cake. I should've been the one to do all of that but I wasn't and I won't let that happen again. Lizzie and Robert had left for the night and Chris had too. I went to Harry's room to say goodnight " hey little man what's on you're mind?" And he smiled and spoke "nothing just I hope everything works out how it should. I think we all deserve some happiness." And I hummed in agreement. I said goodnight and shut the door. Rose was sleeping soundly in her room. I knew she'd been more clingy so I've been more lenient with her. When I got to Rhislett's room I knew she was sleeping but I wouldn't be able to sleep without saying goodnight. So I went in and kissed her forehead. " goodnight my sweet girl" and I felt her smile in her sleep. She's adorable. No matter how big she gets all I see is my little girl. That's what I love about it because I missed a lot of her life and now I have her here. I love her with my whole heart. And the progress we've made is amazing. I'm happy.

______________________________

Ahhhh the innocence

This was a little hard also I feel like I've written so much for this story.

I never actually intended this story to be more then 30 chapters but here we are at almost double.

Remember to drink water
And that my messages are always open x
And give you're eyes a break

Till the next chapter my loves❣️