They Complete Me

Luna~

"Well, I would say just a few more days. You're a centimeter dilated and I'm thinking he's ready to get out. Any more contractions since a few weeks ago?"

"Super small ones. Nothing huge like before."

"Okay. Any day now he should be here. Everything should go by smoother and a little faster than last time."

"Okay, thank you."

"Just keep relaxing. I know that's probably not your favorite thing to do but it's what you need."

I know she's right and I know Christian's right. "If it's been a week since today and you want to schedule an induction, go ahead. He's right on time and is perfectly healthy."

"Okay."

"I'll see you both soon."

"Thank you," Christian tells her before we head out.

We head to his car and I get in. "Do you need anything while we're out?"

"No."

"Tired?"

I nod, "She woke up at 3:30 crying about something. Then we stayed up for another hour before she went back down."

"Why didn't you come and get me?"

"Because you're an athlete who needs sleep."

"And you're pregnant and need your sleep too."

"It's fine. I'm just gonna sleep while you're gone. Your mom is taking her to the zoo so I'll have the house to myself which means I can sleep."

He puts his arm across the console and I lean on it. Her saying that I only have a few more days of being pregnant is the best thing I've heard. And it's the most convenient time too. Next week is the All-Star game and that whole thing so Christian will already be off and I don't need to worry about him being in a different city that isn't Milwaukee.

We get back home and I grab a bottled water before heading downstairs where it's cold meaning I can wrap myself in a blanket without getting hot. Plus, it's dark so I can sleep.

I grab a blanket from my office closet and throw it on the couch. "You sure you're okay?" Christian asks me.

"Yeah."

"You just look really sad."

"Tired, that's all."

He hugs me, "I'm gonna head out. Call me if you need something."

I nod against him, "I'll be here."

"Mom's still upstairs but they're going to leave soon. I'm taking your car and she's taking mine."

"Okay."

He kisses me, "I love you."

"I love you too. Win for me?"

He chuckles, "I'll see what I can do."

I keep hugging him and he doesn't let go either. "I know you have to leave but I don't want you to."

He holds me tighter, "I won't let go until you do."

"Oh, you shouldn't have said that because now I don't want to."

He laughs again, "You should probably go before I start crying," I tell him.

He kisses the top of my head, "Let me know if you need anything."

"I will." He's so worried about me it's really cute.

I let go of him because I know he has to get going. He heads upstairs after watching me get comfy on the couch. Busy day for me. Sleep, sleep, and more sleep.