He'd Be Lucky

Luna~

I keep an eye on my door as I take my time finishing up everything after the game. I'm waiting for Carson to come in here because I'm going to say something. And most likely he'll be in here asking for something. I'm not taking his shit anymore. I'm done with him.

His noticeable, heavy-footed steps echo throughout the hallway. I brace myself for his entrance, hoping not to make this bigger than I need to be. "Hey did you get those videos and stats sent to me?"

He sets this up perfectly for me. "Yeah, I got them. Except, here's the thing, you won't be publishing them. I will. And I think it's a dick move to file a complaint against me when I do half of your work. Didn't think that one through, did you?"

"What'd you say to me?" he says moving closer to my desk.

I stand up, "I said that it's a dick move to file a complaint against me when I do half of your work in the first place."

"Really? Honey, please. We all know I change a few things before publishing anything."

"Bull shit. That's my writing that you publish. Day after day after day."

He starts walking around my desk and closer to me. I stand up taller than I was but it doesn't do much when he's about the same height as Christian. "So what?"

"Did you really just ask me that? I work my ass off so that you can look good. I do all of that work that nobody else knows about and you get all the credit."

"Well, it has my name on it."

"Yeah, and it shouldn't." He keeps walking toward me. I start taking steps backward so we keep the distance between us. "It should be my name that's in those articles. Not yours."

I hit the wall, knowing I'm screwed at this point. I can't go anywhere. I'm trapped. And nobody else is in here. "Then I'll just keep making complaints against you," he says leaning down to whisper it in my ear. Oh god.

I look at the clock and notice Travis was supposed to come down here soon. Actually, right now. I see his shadow and I quickly hold my finger up to keep him from talking. I mouth the word 'help' and he nods and quickly heads back to where he came from.

"What good is that going to do you when I won't be here?"

He grabs my wrist, holding it tightly in his hands. "Because you aren't going anywhere, sweetheart."

"Let go of me."

"Why?"

"Because I said to let go of me."

He puts his leg against mine making sure I can't go anywhere. Jesus christ. Why did I do this? I should've left it alone. "Carson, stop."

"Why should I?"

"Because I'm asking you to stop."

"Carson, what the hell, let her go," Adam says coming and he whips around still holding onto my wrist.

A stampede of guys comes running to my office, Travis leading them, and Carson looks around. He's stunned and I try prying his fingers off of my wrist but can't since he's holding on so tight.

I look up and lock eyes with Christian. "Get your hand off of her," he says sternly making some of the fear wash away.

"What the hell is going on in here?" Craig asks looking around the room, "Let go of her." The guys keep moving toward me. I swear it's the entire team who came down. He doesn't let go of me.

Christian keeps walking closer to me but Carson's hand only gets tighter around my wrist. "Christian stop."

"What, no!" I know all he wants to do is help. It's just making it worse though.