Blessing Or A Curse

Luna~

I reach over for my phone as it blares in my ear right beside me on the nightstand table. Already? I feel like I just went to sleep. I sit up and get up right away so I can eat some breakfast before I get into the shower.

By the time I'm ready there's a knock at my door. I look at my phone and see it's 11:50. Shit, I forgot we're doing this carpooling thing. I don't even know how to feel about it. It's pretty cool, but I don't know, I just got here.

I open the door, "Hey," I say opening the door so he can walk in. I walk back toward the kitchen to grab my water bottle and bag. "Your place is nice."

"Isn't it the same as yours?"

"Well, yeah, it's just put more together than mine will ever be."

"Well, thank you," I say slightly laughing. "Ready?"

"Yeah, we can head out." I lock my door and we start to walk toward the elevator.

We walk over to his car and I'm not even surprised that he has some nice-ass Audi. He gets in after me and starts his car and exits the parking structure. He turns out but doesn't keep going straight and turns down a one-way street. Maybe there's some road construction going on and he's taking a different way.

"What are we doing?" I ask confused about where we're going.

"I wanted some coffee and there's this great place down there on the corner."

"Oh, okay."

"And I want to get to know you. I just get this feeling that you have this insanely good personality and you don't let many people see it. I want to be one of those people."

Where the hell did that come from? "What do you want to know?"

"Everything."

"Everything?"

"Yes. Everything."

I shake my head, "Okay then."

He parks in a parking stall and we both get out and head into the small coffee shop. We both order and pay for our drinks before getting them and heading back outside. We were near the lake so it was within walking distance and we found a bench to sit on. "What does everything include?"

"Who you are?"

"That doesn't give me much, but I'll work with it. I was born in Waukesha, about 20 minutes from here. I'm 26 and I have an older sister, Trinity. I went to school at UW-Madison for my freshman year and then transferred out to USC for the rest of my secondary education. I have my bachelor's in communications and sports management with a minor in business. I worked for KTLA for four years and really enjoyed it, but it wasn't what I went to school for."

"No, like, what made you, you? The hard shit that carved you to be yourself."

I sigh, "Some of that is for when I'm too drunk to remember that conversation. I'll give you a thin layer. My parents divorced when I was 8. I got close with my dad while my mom just kind of was having a mid-life crisis. My mom and I aren't that close since she didn't really believe that I could make it to a spot like this. Which, whatever, I don't really care since I'm living out my dream now. Cody set me up with Corey about two years ago and it was really fun while it lasted. But that's a whole other story for a later time."

"There it is. That's what I wanted."

"What about you? This isn't ask Luna about her somewhat shitty childhood."

He laughs, "Grew up in Westlake Village, near Thousand Oaks. Played baseball all my life and really focused on it during high school. I planned to go to the University of Miami but got drafted right out of high school. I played for Miami up until 2017 when I was traded here in 2018. I just signed an extension last year, so that's exciting."