Impressive

Christian~

I listen to the dial tone as I try to call Luna. I know her plane landed more than a couple of hours ago so she should be answering me. Her voice message starts to play and I wait for the beep as I listen to her soft, sweet voice. Beep

"Hey, can you just call me? I'm just really confused, I guess. I don't want things to end. Even if you did say we're taking a break. I don't want things to end. When I said clear your head, I didn't mean this. I love you so much and I want to help. I'm just having a hard time understanding why you couldn't just talk to me. It's us. Just you and me. That's all. I love you and I'm not going to stop. When you get the chance, please call me."

I set my phone down on the island and stare ahead. This wouldn't have happened if Corey would've just stayed out of it. Or maybe we should've just kept things under the radar.

I grab my keys and phone and decide to finally go work out. I just need to blow off some steam. And a lot of it.

"Dude, your gonna hurt yourself. Stop right now," Ryan tells me as I pull up the last deadlift but struggle to do so. I drop it on the mat and hold my hands over my head and walk away.

"What is going on with you?"

"I'm fine."

"No, you aren't. Sit down and have a drink of water."

"When did you turn into my older brother?"

"The day you got to Milwaukee. What's going on?"

I drink some of my water before answering him, "We're on a break right now and I don't know if that means we broke up or what. She left for Scottsdale this morning to be with her dad before Spring Training starts."

"Wait, what? When did this happen?"

"This morning after I got back I went to grab these clothes and found a piece of paper on my bedside table. It was just her saying that she needs a break to get her head on straight and figure shit out. That whole thing at the softball game messed her up. I knew she wasn't going to be okay but I didn't expect this."

"Did you call her?"

"Yeah before I left. She didn't answer so she was probably out with her dad."

"Keep calling because I don't care what either of you thinks, you two are made for each other. I've seen it for the past few months while she's been out here. The kids love her and so does Larisa. Don't give up on her."

"I'm not. She needs her space and I'm gonna give that to her. Just not too much because I'm too afraid she won't come back."

"She'll come back. Did he ever say anything else?"

"Corey?" he nods, "Just a stupid apology that neither of us bothered to accept."

"Good. You shouldn't have. That was so idiotic and selfish of him to do."

"Yeah, I'm just hurt, I guess. She didn't hint at this at all and left. She told me she was leaving but not like this."

"She's strong, she'll figure it out."

"I hope you're right."

"When am I wrong?" I push his shoulder and we both laugh.

"Now stop trying to hurt yourself. They don't need you hurt going into the season."

"Yeah, I know. I just needed to blow off some steam."

"I understand but you don't need to get hurt." He stands up and looks at me, "Well, come on Yeli, these weights aren't going to lift themselves."