Picky

Luna~

I don't think I've stopped smiling from the moment it happened. I didn't know it was possible to smile this long. I held onto his hand as we headed back to the house. He pulls into the driveway but doesn't shut the car off. His mom gets out of the car, "You two have fun."

There's more? How can there be more?

She shuts the door and I turn to him, "What are we doing?"

"Going somewhere."

"Where?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Yeah, I would.

He leans over the console and kisses me, "Trust me."

"Okay."

I find myself fidgeting with the ring. Not because I'm nervous. Because I'm not used to having a ring on my finger. I've gotten used to my other ones, but this one, it's just perfect. He couldn't have done a better job. It's not too much and gaudy. I don't know how he did it. But he did it damn well.

He pulls into this resort parking lot and I look over at him. "What are we doing?"

"We're spending the night here."

"We have a perfectly good bed at the house."

"Yep. And my mom is there."

Oh, that's why. "I don't have anything. No clothes. Nothing."

"Like you need clothes tonight."

Wow, okay. "Don't worry, your sister packed you a bag. It's in the back." I'm gonna take a minute and praise my sister right now.

We both get out and meet at the back of the car. "See?" he says handing me one of my tote bags.

Christian runs his fingers up and down my arm as we lay tangled in the sheets. "Where do we even start?"

"I have no idea."

"You could ask your sister."

"Not really. She planned a wedding for two weeks in advance."

"Oh, yeah that's true."

"Yeah, so, I don't know what to do."

"Mom will help us."

I sit up out of his embrace and smile as I think about what he was saying earlier. "What?" he asks.

"I'm just thinking."

"About?"

"Everything?"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I just have a feeling that this year is going to be really fun."

"It's gonna be a good one."

"Let me see it!" Sam exclaims as I walked into the media well. We have our first broadcast today and I'm beyond excited.

I hold my left hand out while I get my earpiece in. "Girl! Oh my god. Wow. He did good."

"Real good."

"Congrats!"

"Thank you."

"Ready to go on?"

"Yeah."

"A familiar face is down on the field before the game starts and has many great things to share. Might I add, she won four Emmy awards this past offseason and is newly engaged as of yesterday. Congrats, Luna!" Jeff says as I listen to him.