No, No, No, Maybe, No

Luna~

"Such a happy baby," I say while bouncing Micah around in the kitchen. We're keeping him for the night while Trin and Matt go out for the night.

He squeals, making me laugh as I'm in the middle of making us dinner.

"What are you two doing out here?" Christian says coming in with a huge smile, leaning up against the counter.

I move him onto my hip, "We're just having a good time."

"I can tell."

Micah turns his head once he hears Christian's voice and reaches his arms out for him. He's pretty strong for a seven-month-old. Christian takes him out of my arms, "Are you having fun with your auntie?"

He squeals again, making both of us laugh. I turn the stovetop off and let our food cool down just a bit before plating it. Micah puts his tiny, chunky arms around Christian's neck. I grab my phone, wanting to get a picture of this. He's come a long way. I send that picture to Trin because I know she's going to love it.

"How many do you want? Three?" I ask.

"Yeah, that should be enough."

I put three taco shells on his plate, warming them up in the microwave before filling them with the fajita mix. I put our plates on the overhanging island and grab a drink from the fridge. I check my phone, seeing if Trin had texted me back.

Trin: STOP IT! OMG
Me: I KNOW

Christian puts Micah in his playpen so that we can eat and he can still play around. "Thank you for cooking," he says after kissing my cheek.

"Yeah, of course."

He takes a few bites, "Mmm, so good."

"You say that every time."

"It's just like my mom's."

Well, that's a good thing."

He laughs, "It is. It's like I never left home."

I tear apart a piece of one of the green peppers since it's soft enough for a baby to eat. I hand it to Micah, hoping he would take it. He's hesitant at first but takes it out of my hand, looks at it, and puts it in his mouth. He's unsure and looks between us before shaking his head. We laugh and Micah's smile grows, hearing both of us.

"He's so good," Christian says.

"And super happy all the time."

"I'll get him," Christian says quietly as I went to get up to get Micah from the bedroom next to ours.

Christian brings him back into our room and putting him down between us as he lays back down. I roll onto my back, pretty much still asleep. Micah crawls on top of me, putting his head on my chest.

Christian wraps his arm around us and he puts his head on my shoulder. This isn't as far from reality as I really think it is. It just feels right. But, it's always felt right with Christian. Regardless of our relationship status. Micah settles down against me. He just needed some snuggles from us both.

"How was he?" Trin asks me as I get the bag she dropped off with him.

"We woke up once around 3:30, brought him in with us and he fell back asleep on me. He was super happy the rest of the time."

"Good, I'm glad. That picture was adorable."

"I was finishing up our dinner when Christian came in and took him so I could finish. I turned back to them and he was hugging him. I about melted right there."