Strike Three

Luna~

"Oh my god, Christian, stop moving so much," I say trying to balance myself on top of his shoulders. I'm trying to put the star on top of the tree and he couldn't just get a chair to put it up there.

"You two are something else," Alecia tells us as she watches from the couch.

"Okay, there." He backs away faster than I would've liked. He stands next to the couch, crouching down before letting go of my legs and making me fall back onto the cushions. I sit up, shaking my head. I could've gotten down like a normal person.

He holds his hand out for me to take. He pulls me up to my feet as we look at the tree. I insisted that we get a tree because how many times are we going to be in Wisconsin while it's Christmas? Probably only this year. And you can't have Christmas without a tree. And it's snowing, so even better. It was incredibly hard to find a tree so late in the season, but we found one, and it's perfect. And I love it.

"Oh, I want a picture of all of you," Alecia says getting up, "Boys, you too."

"Mom, we're not five," Cam says dreading the fact that she wants a picture right now.

"Dude, get in front of the tree," Collin tells him. 

She takes a few pictures, "Thank you, boys." She takes a few pictures of just Christian and me.

Once we were done taking pictures, Christian put on Elf as Alecia and I made hot chocolate for everyone. I'm thinking this will be a tradition for years to come. Watching Christmas movies on Christmas Eve and enjoying each other's company. It might not always be in Wisconsin, which is fine, but as long as I get to do this with my second favorite family. That's fine with me.

I hand everyone a mug while Alecia hands them a bowl of popcorn. I turn the rest of the lights off before sitting down next to Christian. He puts the blanket over me as I snuggle into him. 

"We'll see you guys in the morning," Alecia says as they all start heading upstairs.

I put all the dishes in the sink so I can do them in the morning before Alecia and I start cooking for dinner. Christian hands me another mug and I rinse it out before setting it down in the sink.

"You and mom are the absolute cutest together," he says making me grin.

"She's the best."

He smiles, "Yeah, she's pretty great. What time is dinner?"

"I told my family 6."

"Who's all coming?"

"Trin, Matt, Micah, my dad, Isaiah, Amanda, possibly Megan, and my mom didn't give me a for sure answer. She said 'okay' and nothing more."

"That's probably a yes."

"Let's hope."

We go around and shut off the lights and make sure everything is locked before heading upstairs and getting into bed. "She'll come tomorrow."

"You think so?"

"She's not going to miss Christmas."

"You'd be surprised how many she's missed. What's one more?"

"That was the past."

I dry my hands so I can go open the door for my family. I let my dad, Isaiah, and Amanda in and hug all of them. "The house looks amazing," Amanda tells me.

"Thank you."

They make their way in and I see Matt's car pull into our driveway. Okay, one more person. One more.